Single/Multiplayer VP Pack + Make Your Own Modpack + Lag/Stability/Crash Fixes + Dedicated Server Fix

Im noticing a ton of resyncs with this new modpack. Anybody else having success?

Edit
The resyncs seem to occur every turn for first 5 turns and then slow down and game gets manageable.

But! Im now getting actual ctd. Ive never had them before.

Edit2
Gave up. Reloaded old modpack. Everything is smooth again. Rare desyncs and nocrashing once more.

Last edited:
Im noticing a ton of resyncs with this new modpack. Anybody else having success?

Edit
The resyncs seem to occur every turn for first 5 turns and then slow down and game gets manageable.

But! Im now getting actual ctd. Ive never had them before.

Edit2
Gave up. Reloaded old modpack. Everything is smooth again. Rare desyncs and nocrashing once more.

Hey, from which version is your old modpack ?

Im actually not sure. I have the file but it doesnt have the version number. I think last official version.

Hum, do you have the new spy system with it ? If no it is probably the last official version from December 2020 !

Hum, do you have the new spy system with it ? If no it is probably the last official version from December 2020 !
Yesir this is the one. No new spy system. It is indeed the december one.

So my experience with december modpack is that the first 50 turns or so are smooth. Then we get increasing resyncs that are still mot terribly common until turn about 110 or so.

At this point we prefer resyncs because we also experience occasional incredibke turn lags that seem to be waiting on barbs. These slow turns take a few turns to sort themselves out and then go away for a bit.

So a bit buggy but playable.

As opposed to this one where there are resyncs for us every turn starting turn 2. And these resyncs often prevent the non host from getting their goody hut bonuses. For ex ill get 120 gold from a hut, next turn resync and gold is gone. And so is the worker i bought with it.

I also experience ctd with new modpack where dec one i have no ctd

For context. We play small oval or hemisphere maps with 2 humans and 4 ai. Raging barbs, quick speed.

Yesir this is the one. No new spy system. It is indeed the december one.

So my experience with december modpack is that the first 50 turns or so are smooth. Then we get increasing resyncs that are still mot terribly common until turn about 110 or so.

At this point we prefer resyncs because we also experience occasional incredibke turn lags that seem to be waiting on barbs. These slow turns take a few turns to sort themselves out and then go away for a bit.

So a bit buggy but playable.

As opposed to this one where there are resyncs for us every turn starting turn 2. And these resyncs often prevent the non host from getting their goody hut bonuses. For ex ill get 120 gold from a hut, next turn resync and gold is gone. And so is the worker i bought with it.

I also experience ctd with new modpack where dec one i have no ctd

For context. We play small oval or hemisphere maps with 2 humans and 4 ai. Raging barbs, quick speed.

For the ruins I have also a lot of Resyncs because of them. The non host get another bonuse from the ruin after the resync. I think the host and the non host have divergeant bonuses from the ruins so the game resync on the host save...

I still hope a patch that fix some multiplayer instabilities, I know that the devs havn't got the access to the Netcode, but I am sure there is some ways available to make it more stable. For example, to avoid some resyncs, ruins could have a fix value chosen when the map is generated (so no more desyncs because of the random side of ruins). Another thing that cause desyncs is the border growth: the game chose a tile randomly between 2 or 3 possibilities --> we can fix it by delete the random side of border growth (always have only one possibility).

Barbarians also cause a lot of desyncs, but not in vanilla multiplayer, I don't really understand why... So actually it is better to play with chill barbarians or no barbarian.

For the ruins I have also a lot of Resyncs because of them. The non host get another bonuse from the ruin after the resync. I think the host and the non host have divergeant bonuses from the ruins so the game resync on the host save...

I still hope a patch that fix some multiplayer instabilities, I know that the devs havn't got the access to the Netcode, but I am sure there is some ways available to make it more stable. For example, to avoid some resyncs, ruins could have a fix value chosen when the map is generated (so no more desyncs because of the random side of ruins). Another thing that cause desyncs is the border growth: the game chose a tile randomly between 2 or 3 possibilities --> we can fix it by delete the random side of border growth (always have only one possibility).

Barbarians also cause a lot of desyncs, but not in vanilla multiplayer, I don't really understand why... So actually it is better to play with chill barbarians or no barbarian.
Interesting. Ill try no barbs and no ruins next.

It is, but it also takes forever.

Can confirm regarding latest mod packs
-hotseat works perfectly
-ruins dont sync. ive lost populations gained. i also had stonehenge nearly finished after production added. resync caused the wonder to be unbuildable. just listed as already under construction by someone else
-issues with first next turn crashing to desktop

Remote Play Together + Hotseat is honestly the safest bet for Civ 5 MP.

G
Hmm what is this remote play you speak of? Do you happen to have a link handy that explains how to set this up? I really want yo get mp working better.

Hmm what is this remote play you speak of? Do you happen to have a link handy that explains how to set this up? I really want yo get mp working better.
Civ V doesnt support remote play together on PC. Only tablet. Civ VI does. It allows hotseat over the internet.

It's really sad that there's so many resynchs with the new version. I want to play it MP with my friends but until they stop we can't play

True, would much prefer lan or internet worked so we could take our turns at same time, with 3 or 4 people that means triple or quadruple how long an already long game takes. The only issue seems to be with ancient ruins barbarians, and border growth? if we could get rid of the rng factors that's causing the desynchs in these 3 we would be all set

Can confirm current version unplayable for mp. Im still playing the old version that has much fewer resyncs in the first 100 turns but then really starts to slow down while waiting for barbs to end their turn.

Teamviewer or similar app + hotseat could work =)

How does this work? Does that mean my buddie would see my screen and know what im doing?

If not. And it simply means we each take turns separately and not simultaneously then it would definitely be worth trying. The slow down from seperate turns would make up for net issues.

Top Bottom