SiSi 002 - Cuddle with Bullies

I played a few turns and realised I have no idea what I am doing. What comes next?

Here are my notes so far:

Turn 0 (170)

We're at war with Ghengis, and have a Galley heading towards Hariharalaya.

Its content?

A single, combat one axeman. We have to assault amphibiously, Simon. Impossible to kill Sury, and I don't care about him having the city. Yasodharapura will be fine, honest. The game will be over prior to an increase in motherland happiness, and 1 tile for dom isn't worth the maintenence increase.

Whip the courthouse in Rome.

We are 14% away from domination. I'm not really enjoying this though it was a fun idea. It's just war and war and war, because you capture a city and it gains 3 tiles because of the borders of the next.

We refused to help Toku? :( I don't want to take him on but he has 10% land. Oy vey....

Turn 1 (171)

The courthouse completes in Rome and we lose 4gpt.

Kublai Khan declares war on Zara.

Kublai? What?

Nappy has 3 archers, a spearman and 2 axeman. Not assaulting him. We've hit the real aggresive AIs now. Toku, Ragnar or Napoleon. Oh joy.

That's all I have played so far as I have no idea what we are doing. There's an Iron curtain of AIs: Ragnar, Toku and Nappy and our millitary is fairly spread out. We're losing 30gpt at 30% research and can't sustain it for long enough to get domination.

I'll play the rest once there's a clear "gameplan" as it were.

God i can't believe i'm sayin this....

Let's face it, we're not building Carracks in our game. I owe everybody 10 $ if we do. :p all our invasions are very likely to be land based. Besides what's the point of getting all our maces amphibious promotion instead of shock?

Carrack + invasion on the weaker civs behind the stronger civs? Like Williem? While we recover our economy? we declare on a couple of weak ai's on the same turn and take them out?

Stupid yes, but effective yes, we don't even need to put our hand at the strong ai's.

we have catapults, right?

let's recover the economy, THEN kick the strong AIs. This is not a 'we must win as fast as possible' contest - I plan to win this one in style! :)

:(

I can play three turns, then the game invariably crashes. Could someone else please test this? Simple load, press shift-enter three times and tell me whether the game still runs?

Top Bottom