SiSi 002 - Cuddle with Bullies

Simple Simon

Simpleton
After we kicked the extended backsides of all the AIs in my first SG we will now up the ante:

A tiny map,
max number of AIs (17),
handpicked the aggressive leaders for civs with several,
aggressive AIs on
prince level - or higher?

we can give all a bit more room to build cities, making it a bit harder for us by using low sea levels - thoughts?

And what civ will we play? I'd vote for a typical peaceful leader with a weak or late UU! Suggestions?

Roster:
Simple Simon
Quotey(?)
Mighty Dwaarf
50_dollar_bag
TheLastOne36

Off the top of my head the worst UU IMO is camel archers, only bonus is it needs no resources and is easily countered by Pikes. Or we could go for either German or America as they have real late UUs. I think we could also cope with Monarch. As the AI has little room also, it sort of dampens down the nominal difficulty I believe.

Camel-cuddle? :lol:

yeah, monarch sounds good to me, too - if we get rushed really early we can just restart.

I've never really known the AI to go for early rush, as long as we get archers early we only really need to worry about either Persia of Incans, and Persia need horses to be a danger and Quechas I think are more of a nuisance than a threat.

Well, I had an archer dogpile once - 2x5 archers attacking will kill two defending.

Worst that happened to me was I got stung by the barb uprising event in first 25 turns and 6 HA's appeared on my border. :mad:. Luckily as they were barb controlled instead of attacking my lightly defended capital they wandered aroumd the wilderness until I had an army of spears to cut them down.

Worst that happened to me was I got stung by the barb uprising event in first 25 turns and 6 HA's appeared on my border. :mad:. Luckily as they were barb controlled instead of attacking my lightly defended capital they wandered aroumd the wilderness until I had an army of spears to cut them down.

oh, uprisings killed me a few times - once a stack of HAs managed to kill 3(!) spears at weird odds. I had been waiting for Hatch to rush me with chariots (she kept making demands I had to refuse), and thus had spears ready - normally I build axes. But in this event, the 6 HAs killed off my capital.

I'll be able to play, I'd prefer Prince difficulty (I usually play Noble/Prince) but since it's an SG and we'll barely be able to expand, I guess we COULD to Monarch. Could you slot into mid/end roster?

e: Also, will be use the BUG mod? I normally use it, but I can refrain for games. It causes a crash with the log for not BUG users- LK has banned it (so did RB, but not because of log crashes)

I'd prefer to limit this to the official 3.13 and unofficial 3.13, but NOT BUG.

And welcome to the end of the roster, Quotey! I also usually play Prince, but SGs allow going up one step, I think, as the team usually catches bad mistakes before they do real harm.

Simple Simon
Mighty Dwaarf
50_dollar_bag
TheLastOne36
Quotey

Are we wanting to do an early rush? I bet we could take out 3 or 4 cities with Holkans (or Quechas I guess :/)

Lurkers Comment: This setup cries for Ghandi and his peacefull philosophy :D Also his UU meets the criteria of beeng weak - at least from military point of view.

Lurkers Comment: This setup cries for Ghandi and his peacefull philosophy :D Also his UU meets the criteria of beeng weak - at least from military point of view.

But the fact they are available and useful all game makes them powerful IMO. Also we played as Gandhi last time..

Yeah, Gandhi is too powerful. I am more for a late UU. Or weak - e.g. War Chariots (the chance to attack axes will be rare in a game such as this).

i'm not to convinced about war chariots being bad. Quick movement with a road? pretty powerful enough to take a few early cities.

How about the Dutch or Portugal? There UU's are naval UU's. And there UB's don't effect military much and come pretty late.

IMO war chariots aren't much better than normal chariots, they struggle atacking archers in cities and ok they get a bonus against axes but if someone can build axes they can also build spears.
Granted on a Pangea map the Dutch UU is pointless the portugeuse carrack can carry military so is slighty useful for coastal raids.

Let's face it, we're not building Carracks in our game. I owe everybody 10 $ if we do. :p all our invasions are very likely to be land based. Besides what's the point of getting all our maces amphibious promotion instead of shock?

Yep, Portugal would be the best for worst.

Also, we won't get to hear Joaoaoaoa's music! Travesty!

well then - Joaoaoao it is :)

I'll set up the game now.

Top Bottom