Site Funding

Originally posted by RealGoober
CV?!?!?!

A CV is like a page or two on information on yourself, including your achievements and your skills and is used for when you apply for most jobs. Also its potentially something to talk about at an interview if they ask you to tell them about yourself.

Usually known as a resume in the US and CV (= curriculum vitae) in the Uk.

Ohh, a resume. Gotcha. Ya, I guess being the Administrator of this site would look pretty sweet on your resume . . .

It shows that you have interests, that you are commited and this commitment could potentially be transferred to the firm...

I prefer what MarineCorps said, if you are posting on these Forums, you have no life . . .

It would be neat to use these Forums to potentially get a career though . . .

Highly depends on what line of work of course for it to help.
But I agree that it's never a negative thing. Of course people have interests and administrating a great site with LOTS of members shows skills, devotion, etc...

I prefer what MarineCorps said, if you are posting on these Forums, you have no life . . .

I was talking about TF and possibly the Mods, perhaps participating in the demo games could be used for the average poster as its something interesting that you can explain and make it sound alot more important than it actually is...

Originally posted by hotstuffjsn
I hope this is not too personal, but was wondering where this site gets it's funding to host such a massive site? It's great with a lot of people, i'm just curious. Are you affiliatied with the civ developers in any way?

little know fact is that TF is actually the head of world wide conspirciy in the lawn gnome smuggiling racket, which why lefty, a former lawyer, is his second in command, so that he can bail him out easy- cfc is just a front for the transactions occuring- how do I know? If I told you that part, I woudl have to kill you :p

Originally posted by Emp.Napoleon
Do the ads pay for the beer in the secret staff fridge? ;)

No, the new moderator must stock the fridge. Although XIII put tea in the fridge instead of beer.

Originally posted by Dell19
But you have already told us the rest...

I haven barelly begun to tell the beginnings of this tragic tale of woe, money, whores, drugs, and lawn gnomes

Originally posted by Xen

I haven barelly begun to tell the beginnings of this tragic tale of woe, money, whores, drugs, and lawn gnomes

Its always the gnomes...

Top Bottom