Skip the Intros + Movie

CrazyAce

Prince
At home it’s not a problem, but on a work computer (hp 6930p) it takes far too long to stop the movie and or sometimes it doesn't stop. This isn't good when you have to make quick changes to a mod and test them out on very little free time.

Is there a way to skip these?

Find the Usersettings.ini file in My Documents / My Games / Civ V, change SkipIntroVideo = 0 to SkipIntroVideo = 1.

But, as said above, this will not load the game any quicker. You will get a black screen instead of the movie.

The game loads necessary data during the intro & movie so turning it off won't speed up by much.

But in UserSettings.ini (found at [my documents]\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) there is a row
SkipIntroVideo = 0

change that to
SkipIntroVideo = 1

That will skip the intros and movie but you will instead sit with a back screen during the data loading.

i dunno, usually i can hit escape right when the movie starts and it goes to the menu within a couple seconds. On a good system it would probably be a flicker of a black screen. Sometimes the game crashes when I do this, but for some reason if I just let it play it never crashes. Its weird.

Top Bottom