Slaves?

adog

Prince
If you build a worker from a city of foreign population, is it counted as a slave? What I'm trying to get at is, do you have to pay military upkeep for it?

Also, if you have a city of mixed population and you build a worker, how does it decide of what nationality the worker will be?

I don't know about upkeep - I would say probably yes.

The nationality of the last citizen to join the city is the nationality of the worker. So, if the city just grew, the worker is yours.

^^^ I know you don't pay upkeep for slaves. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, if you build a worker from a captured city and it is of foreign nationality, is it considered a slave?

^^^ When you build a worker from a foreign nationality city, they will not be wearing overalls, they look exactly like your own nation's workers. But if you right click it will say the nationality in parentheses.

I don't mean overalls, I think I mean suspenders.

But yeah, the workers that look like slaves have chains on and stuff. I thought regardless of nationality, workers are yours if you build them. And slaves are always slaves.

Unless if you have Conquests. Then they would be wearing crappy clothing.

and in civ slavery exists on great scale even in modern age in many 'western' countries ;)

IIRC i've had workers with written different nationality (produced in conquered city) that looked same as mine workers.

Virtual Alex said:
:mad:

So ok, all workers that wear slaves clothing, are slaves. And workers that wear suspenders are mine?

if I have C3C?

All workers that wear slave's clothing have been captured by you, and are slaves. They work slower, and cost no upkeep.

All workers that wear suspenders have been built by you. Some of them may be slaves, if you have built them in a city with an entirely foreign population. They are identical to slaves in everything except costume. I am very careful not to have slaves like this, because it is really annoying to use them, and leads to wasted worker turns.

I did not know this. I assumed that built workers were workers regardless of the population of the cty.

Ive pop rushed settlers in captured cities and they plant cities of my nationality.

sanabas said:
All workers that wear slave's clothing have been captured by you, and are slaves. They work slower, and cost no upkeep.

All workers that wear suspenders have been built by you. Some of them may be slaves, if you have built them in a city with an entirely foreign population. They are identical to slaves in everything except costume. I am very careful not to have slaves like this, because it is really annoying to use them, and leads to wasted worker turns.
Really? I did that once, but I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that they were wearing slave clothing. I'll go look for the file.

sanabas said:

But if you want a huge stack of slave workers, you'll probably need to build a few slave workers out of recently captured foreign city. Keep your slave workers, regardless of their costume, in the same stack / area and you'll have no troubles.

AutomatedTeller said:
The nationality of the last citizen to join the city is the nationality of the worker. So, if the city just grew, the worker is yours.
The last citizen - is he/she to the right or left in the city view? Or is it random?

Top Bottom