SM4 - The Great War

Great trades, why we didn't noticed earlier that some civs can trade contacts? :goodjob:
I checked the save - we still have RoP with Zulu, mb you forgot to write something? :crazyeye:

Pre-turn: Arabia and Mongols have iron which we may buy later. Anarchy will be ended in two turns. We are running at negative gpt (-66) because we are paying for Engineering to Korea :( We can't use this tech anyway, would be better to get it from GL too.
I changed clowns to scientists in the some towns, it will not affect happiness anyway.

Turn 1 - 550 AD: Sent Southern army to pillage Inca. Nothern army will fight with help of catapults.

Turn 2 - 560 AD: Anarchy is over. MMed all towns to fit new goverment.
Sold ivory to Arabia for territory map and 345 gold
Investigated Zimbabwe:

I'll stop here for discussion. There are 10 muskets and artillery in that city. How many units do we need to take that it? We have only one chance in this game...
I think that we will not be able to survive against TONS of cavs in our main cities and also cavs will attack GL city in one turn, even if we will cut roads because cavalry have 3 movement points. Maybe it would be better to delay destroying Inca and do something with our military at first? In current position we will get conquest defeat in a few turns after declaring war on Zulu :rolleyes:

well, let's at least get gunpowder and knights before we take on Zulu. We won't survive a few turns with spears/MW's

lurker's comment: Yes, get Chivalry, Invention, PP (for comm trading) and Gunpowder, then upgrade your military to muskets, MDI's, LBM's, and Knights, then make a huge stack of doom of Knights, MDI, LBM, and Trebuchet, and add in 3-4 muskets for defense. Of course, you are going to need to mass-peoduce units for a while- Inca will probably have to stay alive for at least another 20-30 turns- you probably have to slow down the other civs as much as possible (for example, put some ancient units in their way)

Can we focus Zulu attention someplace else beside the Inca? We need a diplomatic issue that will drain Zulu units and allow us to build up.

Zimbabwe
Our best attacker will be vMaces and the best defender in Zimbabwe is a vCrusader, with a bunch of vMuskets and two cannons in a size 12 city. We can expect a bunch of counter attacks. So, say about 10 vPikes, 20 vMaces and 10 Trebuchets? Or is that too low?

We need to delay Incans death, they are attacked by few civs including Zulu :eek:
We can declare war on civs who are near Zulu but far away from us and let them fight. But we have nothing to offer Zulu...
I guess now we can stop MW production and start building infrastructure and settlers, we will need to upgrade all MWs later anyway. Also now we should stop pillaging and attacking Inca. Any more thought? I'll finish my set tonight.

lurker's comment: Try Arabia or Japan.

so, is this game dead or do we still play?

Who's up??

lurker's comment: then where the heck is he?

:bump: :bump:

I did a quick search for Smart's last post. It was on March 17 in the Team Zoe thread of SGOTM 12. I'm on Team Smurkz, so I didn't investigate any further.

He went AWOL from that game too. I'd feel safe saying he's gone until further notice and give the turns to whoever is next in the roster.

This would be the Roster if people are still interested:

Smart - MIA
ThERat
TimBentley
CommandoBob
adz106 - (last time active on 14Feb, so maybe next player might want to grab it)
Cyllus -

is there still enough interest?

This would be the Roster if people are still interested:

Smart - MIA
ThERat
TimBentley
CommandoBob
adz106 - (last time active on 14Feb, so maybe next player might want to grab it)
Cyllus -

is there still enough interest?
I'm still in.

But it this winnable as it was set up?

I don't know enough about Diety level games. I sort of have the feeling that we focused too much on warfare and not enough on diplomacy (AI vs. AI).

since I would be up anyway, I can play some turns and check whether this game is still feasible

save

Pre-Turn
MM and increase lux to 10%
sell japan mono for 38g and 9gpt

1.610AD
we could get theo and maybe trade for invention and chivalry..
I abandon the idea to take along cats for our fights, we need to be fast to not let the rest take all cities

IT Zulu almost takes a Inca town, now only 1 musket left

2.620AD
capture Huamanga, now this town has iron, we better keep it
we now make 97gpt, pull off the deal
get theo for 68gpt and 300gold + ivory from Arabs
get chivalry + 6gpt/15gold from Mongols for theo
can't get invention, gpt seems to not go well with those guys

IT Inca and Zulu sign peace, let that be
we also cancel the RoP with Zulu, then they demand 20gold which I gladly give

3.630AD/B]
now sell Japan engineering for 19gpt and 43gold
found Kawauka to connect the new land
march on to Macchu Pichu and Vitcos, the former has gems as lux

4.640AD
tough battle at Macchu Pichu, defeat 6 units inside but lose 4 MW's. It has SoZ inside
reduce lux to 0% and we make 102gpt

IT Huamanga flips and I need to scroll forward to prevent more riots

5.650AD
manage to take Huamanga back (I purposely left city emtpy)
found Lakeside
bombard and take Vitcos after taking out 4 units, lose 2 MW's in the process

stop here as we could get PP or education from India and possibly trade for invention
However, getting edu would disable us from snatching the GL slingshot. I would say since we need to fight Zulu sooner anyway, let's just get PP and work our way up to Cavalry

also, do NOT keep any units in those Incan cities they will flip, just station some next to it

Top Bottom