Small save games

zoommooz11

Warlord
I posted this query in the general thread without much success. At different times in my games the save game ability seems to become corrupted. I am still able to save, but the save game itself is only 14kb in size (this size is always the same) and when trying to load this save game the game crashes. Now, because I was aware of this I have been saving regularly, and when it occurs, I load an old save (that is large and working) and have been able to bypass this problem (I am 950 turns into a 3000 turn game). However, I have now reach a point where I load a working save game, and if I then try to save, either on the same turn (different name) or on a following turn all saves are now of the 14kb variety.

My current game is playing of the giant PTW map, with quite a few different mods running (but sort of checked by me for compatibility) and I am just wondering if anyone has seen this problem before? Could it be caused from the mods I am running?

What is a bit weird is that this particular problem seems to come at completely random times, anywhere from the very first turn, once every 200 turns, always different. I was willing to 'save around' the problem, except that now that is not working. Weird.

Any ideas?

Mainly small ones like, capture great people, useful oil mod. add copper to mint. To be honest I think my problems are graphics driver related (which, regardless of driver updates, I have a never ending problem with). If my computer gets a bit glitch (but not a total crash) I think this is what effects my save games.

Copper should already be on the mint in CEP now, and has been for some time, so that mod should be unnecessary. I doubt that's causing a conflict on saved games however.

But while we're on the subject, there's a separate bug that gems don't trigger the option to build a mint (but will be improved if you can otherwise build one).

Copper should already be on the mint in CEP now, and has been for some time, so that mod should be unnecessary. I doubt that's causing a conflict on saved games however.

But while we're on the subject, there's a separate bug that gems don't trigger the option to build a mint (but will be improved if you can otherwise build one).

Ah ok, thanks. When I first opening steam, the mods laid out like they were was very different to civ 4. I was like a kid in a candy shop :), grabbing this and that.

Top Bottom