1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Small & Tiny Earth for RoM

Discussion in 'RoM Scenarios and Maps' started by ComradeKristov, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ComradeKristov

ComradeKristov Chieftain

This includes 2 variations of a tiny and small earth map. Tiny with 10 preset civs & with 15 preset civs. Small with 11 preset civs & 27 preset civs. This is meant for us with slower computer to be able to enjoy a nice Earth Map. I've been playtesting these maps for a couple of months. I don't think there are any too overpowered starting positions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Any constructive criticism is welcome.
    Updated with three different variations of the maps. Added one with only time victory. One has all victories enabled. The last has all victories enabled with no revolutions. Oh and if your going to use this on or for any scenerios or anything pm me.

Attached Files:

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

This sounds like a good idea! Petition Afforess or Zappara to include it in one of their official packs :)

3. Antmanbrooks

Antmanbrooks Chieftain

They look really beautiful, well done.

4. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Awesome! is there a Standard sized map with 35 civs?

How do you swap leaders? I want to swap Elizabeth with Henry VIII

EDIT: and get other victory conditions then Time and swap to a different time speed

5. ComradeKristov

ComradeKristov Chieftain

I'm working on a standard size map. It will be a while before I release that though. If you want a different leader, you'll have to open the file up with notepad or microsoft word scroll down look for your leader and change it. If you want to change speed or something like that go to custom scenario and you change whatever you want. Thanks for the praise I appreciate it.

6. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

I:love:packed maps Back on BTS I was playing 18 civs on Duel :D

I tried doing custom and it killed all the civs but 4

7. ComradeKristov

ComradeKristov Chieftain

Custom works for me. If it's not working for you, you may have to change any game play elements manually through xml sorry.

8. patrioticparado

patrioticparado Chieftain

Thank you Comrade!
    I am downloading these not because of lacking computer power but because I am tired of having to cover the massive distances that some of the larger maps require. Can't wait to play Earth at a much more manageable size.

9. Canabrava

Canabrava Chieftain

I downloaded all victory conditians and Small map with 27 civs doesn't work. When i start, i lose without play and crash to the desktop.

10. ComradeKristov

ComradeKristov Chieftain

If you are running A New Dawn or any other mod mod I don't know if it will work. If you try to run it with custom scenerio it will crash.

11. ono-neko

ono-neko Chieftain

Looking at the screenshot, these are the same maps packaged into the lastest RoM 2.91, right?

Everytime I start a "Custom Scenario" with the map "Earth 11 Preset Civs Small" or "Earth 27 Preset Civs Small", regardless of what kind of settings I make, It always start the game where it says I am already defeated. If I just start the game with "Play A Scenario" with those maps, then I am fine. However, I like to play with only certain victories and/or settings enabled.

Anyone experiencing the same thing, or maybe there's something I should do/adjust?

12. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

Yeah I got same prob too.

13. ono-neko

ono-neko Chieftain

Also, I'd like to add that regardless of what speed I chose (Normal, Marathon, Snail), it always ends up with only 1050-turn game. However, worker/research/build speed correspond with the chosen speed.

14. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

I think you could edit the worldbuilder file by notepad. I did this when I converted 2 maps which crashed first and made them playable.... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=361259

You could look at the original version and the modified one (sources at link) to see what modifications have to be done.

It could also be that certain Leaderheads or Civs were from extra package which you don't have installed. Change the leaders/civs then or just delete those entries. Good luck!

15. hodarkovckij

hodarkovckij Chieftain

it is compatible with Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 1.75?
    I have a problem with the fact that when I run this mod I can not see this map

16. Quantarius

Quantarius Chieftain

I highly recommend these maps for people with slow computers. Here are my specs on my old ass computer...

Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ
    2 gigs
    80 gb hd
    NVIDIA Geforce 6200
    Windows 7 32 bit

I tried playing RI and C2C and those mods are just too large to load up. They won't even work, it crashes. So I'm stuck playing ROM, which I don't mind. But I've tried playing on the standard map, and man, turn times take forever after awhile. Not so with the small map here. I've been playing the one with 27 civs. It's very fun to play. I have been playing the Vikings on emperor difficulty, and I'm almost to the industrial era. Turn time are only about 15 to 30 seconds. I actually have all of europe already and I'm winning so emperor level was a bit too easy for me. I really wish someone could fix the error you get when you try and make a custom senario. You are automatically defeted when you start. I wish I knew how to fix that.