Small & Tiny Earth for RoM

ComradeKristov

Warlord
This includes 2 variations of a tiny and small earth map. Tiny with 10 preset civs & with 15 preset civs. Small with 11 preset civs & 27 preset civs. This is meant for us with slower computer to be able to enjoy a nice Earth Map. I've been playtesting these maps for a couple of months. I don't think there are any too overpowered starting positions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. Any constructive criticism is welcome.
Updated with three different variations of the maps. Added one with only time victory. One has all victories enabled. The last has all victories enabled with no revolutions. Oh and if your going to use this on or for any scenerios or anything pm me.

Attachments

• South America.jpg
    South America.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 857
  • Asia.jpg
    Asia.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 765
  • Old World.jpg
    Old World.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 832
  • North America.jpg
    North America.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 613
  • Small And Tiny Earth Only time victory.zip
    44.9 KB · Views: 272
  • Small And Tiny Earth Only time victory.7z
    18.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Small and Tiny Earth with all victories.zip
    45 KB · Views: 500
  • Small and Tiny Earth with all victories.7z
    18.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Small and Tiny Earth with no revolutions.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Small and Tiny Earth with no revolutions.7z
    18.6 KB · Views: 212
This sounds like a good idea! Petition Afforess or Zappara to include it in one of their official packs :)

They look really beautiful, well done.

Awesome! is there a Standard sized map with 35 civs?

How do you swap leaders? I want to swap Elizabeth with Henry VIII

EDIT: and get other victory conditions then Time and swap to a different time speed

I'm working on a standard size map. It will be a while before I release that though. If you want a different leader, you'll have to open the file up with notepad or microsoft word scroll down look for your leader and change it. If you want to change speed or something like that go to custom scenario and you change whatever you want. Thanks for the praise I appreciate it.

I:love:packed maps Back on BTS I was playing 18 civs on Duel :D

I tried doing custom and it killed all the civs but 4

Custom works for me. If it's not working for you, you may have to change any game play elements manually through xml sorry.

Thank you Comrade!
I am downloading these not because of lacking computer power but because I am tired of having to cover the massive distances that some of the larger maps require. Can't wait to play Earth at a much more manageable size.

I downloaded all victory conditians and Small map with 27 civs doesn't work. When i start, i lose without play and crash to the desktop.

If you are running A New Dawn or any other mod mod I don't know if it will work. If you try to run it with custom scenerio it will crash.

Looking at the screenshot, these are the same maps packaged into the lastest RoM 2.91, right?

Everytime I start a "Custom Scenario" with the map "Earth 11 Preset Civs Small" or "Earth 27 Preset Civs Small", regardless of what kind of settings I make, It always start the game where it says I am already defeated. If I just start the game with "Play A Scenario" with those maps, then I am fine. However, I like to play with only certain victories and/or settings enabled.

Anyone experiencing the same thing, or maybe there's something I should do/adjust?

Yeah I got same prob too.

Looking at the screenshot, these are the same maps packaged into the lastest RoM 2.91, right?

Everytime I start a "Custom Scenario" with the map "Earth 11 Preset Civs Small" or "Earth 27 Preset Civs Small", regardless of what kind of settings I make, It always start the game where it says I am already defeated. If I just start the game with "Play A Scenario" with those maps, then I am fine. However, I like to play with only certain victories and/or settings enabled.

Anyone experiencing the same thing, or maybe there's something I should do/adjust?

Also, I'd like to add that regardless of what speed I chose (Normal, Marathon, Snail), it always ends up with only 1050-turn game. However, worker/research/build speed correspond with the chosen speed.

I think you could edit the worldbuilder file by notepad. I did this when I converted 2 maps which crashed first and made them playable.... http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=361259

You could look at the original version and the modified one (sources at link) to see what modifications have to be done.

It could also be that certain Leaderheads or Civs were from extra package which you don't have installed. Change the leaders/civs then or just delete those entries. Good luck!

it is compatible with Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 1.75?
I have a problem with the fact that when I run this mod I can not see this map

I highly recommend these maps for people with slow computers. Here are my specs on my old ass computer...

Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ
2 gigs
80 gb hd
NVIDIA Geforce 6200
Windows 7 32 bit

I tried playing RI and C2C and those mods are just too large to load up. They won't even work, it crashes. So I'm stuck playing ROM, which I don't mind. But I've tried playing on the standard map, and man, turn times take forever after awhile. Not so with the small map here. I've been playing the one with 27 civs. It's very fun to play. I have been playing the Vikings on emperor difficulty, and I'm almost to the industrial era. Turn time are only about 15 to 30 seconds. I actually have all of europe already and I'm winning so emperor level was a bit too easy for me. I really wish someone could fix the error you get when you try and make a custom senario. You are automatically defeted when you start. I wish I knew how to fix that.

Top Bottom