1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SMAN's The World at War

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by sman1975, Nov 12, 2018.

1. MariusMagnus

MariusMagnus Chieftain

I just caught this today. The Telegraph Office's 10% culture boost does not work because you attempted to implement it through the Building_YieldModifiers table, you have to use the CultureRateModifier attribute in the Buildings table for culture yields.

2. sman1975

sman1975 King

Thanks, @MariusMagnus - just double checked this to see it not working... :hammer2:

IIRC somewhere, the game engine doesn't use the Culture yield like it does all other yields in the game. It should. It just doesn't...

Looking over the mod, the Art Gallery will also fail using this approach. Will add this to my list of fixes for the next version.

Good catch! Thanks.

3. Party.Gif

Party.Gif Chieftain

Hi! It's me from steam's bugs thread!
    I still can't upload the log but I can provide a picture

Attached Files:

4. sman1975

sman1975 King

Well, there's nothing there, so it doesn't provide any information concerning the problem. If there's a fault in the way the new font is designed, I'd expect to see some kind of hint here. Makes me wonder if we don't have a good enough version of the log.

I probably should have provided better instructions in getting a good log. We need to look at a "clean" version of the log with all the mods in question (EUI + WAW) enabled. So, here is a list of steps to follow:

1. Exit Civ5
    2. Restart Civ5 (forces a new version of the logfiles to be generated, so we don't have too look at older data, which may be misleading)
    3. In the Mods area, enable both EUI and WAW mods
    4. Start a normal game
    5. Play 1 turn
    6. Exit the game
    7. Exit Civ5
    8. Go to the Logs folder, and get a copy of the 3 logs in question (Database.log, Lua.log, xml.log)
    9. Post the logs here

The website doesn't allow posting files with a .log extension, so all 3 files can be zipped together and posted, or you have to rename each file with a different extension the website will allow (such as .txt).

Hopefully, this will give us at least a little something to review.

Thanks

5. Party.Gif

Party.Gif Chieftain

Hello, thanks for replying and sorry for the late response!
    Here are the files in question.

Attached Files:

6. Klainkompf

Klainkompf Chieftain