1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoother Difficulty 1.4

Better difficulty curve for Civ VI

1. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Warlord

2. Makarya

Makarya Chieftain

Not the same. I was a user of this mod and made myself a new one. So important inspiration.

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  3. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

What is different?

Not that I care, the OP of this is currently gone since 2 years or so and will probably not be coming to fix this, so I'm downloading your mod.

4. Makarya

Makarya Chieftain

Currently i put no bonus per era. But i intend to do so.
    For now IA still get their builder.
    No bonus vs barbarian. No Players penalty.

Biggest difference is that i gave a bonus in growth.

Overall i'm still working on coding and hope to provide follow up on number and new modification in the future. For example i thinking on flat food bonus cause sometimes IA city get stuck at really low population due to poor food management.

5. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Warlord

Thanks for doing that.

6. schwarzpol

schwarzpol Chieftain

That is one way to fix it, but it can also be done without altering the game files. The problem is that in GS by default DLCs load before mods. So a load order value >1 has to be added in the .modinfo file. So the "update database" section of that file should look something like this:

<UpdateDatabase id="SmootherDifficultyComponent">
    <Properties>
    <LoadOrder>9999</LoadOrder>
    </Properties>
    <Items>
    <File>StartUnits.sql</File>
    <File>NewDifficulties.sql</File>
    <File>Requirements.sql</File>
    <File>EraScaling.sql</File>
    <File>Combat.sql</File>
    <File>Amenities.sql</File>
    <File>PlayerPenalties.sql</File>
    </Items>
    </UpdateDatabase>

I'm currently working on a version where I fix this, add future era scaling, and add tourism scaling.

glider1 likes this.
  7. schwarzpol

schwarzpol Chieftain

8. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

If I manage to get home for this weekend I will try to test it.

So AI produces now more tourism or it is more difficult to win cultural victory (or both)?

9. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Does Smooth Difficulty increase the difficulty of the game? I play on Immortal and I win with ease every time unless I get conquered in the first 100 turns.

10. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

Yes of course it does increase difficulty, especially in science is much more difficult to stay between the first ones.

11. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

Ok so which are the modifiers exactly in this mod cause I don't get it anymore since there are so many different numbers thrown around.So I play on emperor and in the base game it's supposed to give 16% more science to the AI's, and in this mod it gives 32% ?Is that how it goes?

12. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

I'm using this in conjunction with Real Strategy and I think the tourism bonus could use some slight scaling after the June patch from Firaxis overhauled production and tech/civic balance.

So far that's the best AI I've gotten so far - lost two games in a row! (Culture and Religion on Demi-God and Immortal)

13. the Falcon

the Falcon Chieftain

Can you upload your mod here or to GitHub, too, please? I own the game only on iOS, so I cannot download any mods from Steam (can't subscribe when you don't own the Steam version of the game). And RushSecond's version here won't run on iOS at all because it's "incompatible". :sad:

Also, uploading to GitHub would make it easier to compare the different versions of your mod and roll my own. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019