Resource icon

Smoother Difficulty 1.4

I just looked through it and saw the same problem. Lots of extra semicolons, causing the Production and Gold scalings to not take effect. The Science and Culture parts were all placed correctly, though.

I fixed the offending semicolons and enabled scaling for gold and production

Attachments

• Smoother Difficulty.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 476
Hi,
Is anyone getting a crash at turn 114 with this mod on? I am also using others, like Rule with Faith...Dynamic diplomacy..
But I add this one recently and started getting this problem. I can;t see anything in the dump folders for crash reports.

Is there any way to reduce the production boost that the AI gets at higher levels? In my current game I just declared way on my neighbor only to find that the next turn, every tile in my territory was flooded with units because he had built like 50 military units in his cities and ran out of tiles to put them in, creating massive doomstacks that immediately poured into my lands when war was declared. Basically any time I go to war past classical age I lose the game since every city will be instantly surrounded by infantry.

In my last game, I had a huge boost of amenities from civics in two of my cities, scaling with eras. It was 8 amenities in my capital and in a city I Conquered, in the modern era. Scaled to 10 in atomic then 12 on info eras.
I won't complain too much cause it was a lil bit helping with my 70 amenities lost due to war weariness, but I need to know where that was coming from. Any chance it is related to Smoother Difficulty? Or does anyone have a clue of the origin of those amenities?

Could you please just provide explanation for me how exactly bonus per era is calculated?
Say on Demi-god AI get 60% bonus initially. Then 5% per era. Does it mesn next era 65% then 70% then 75% and so on...
Or is something like 100*1.6=Ancient then Classical=Ancient*1.05 Medieval=Classical*1.05 and so on...
If you get what I mean...

I am continuing to use this mod in R&F as well. I have been wondering however: since the bonuses here are era-dependent, how is that affected by the new definition of the "global" era in R&F? Each civ has its own cultural & tech era but there are also the new global eras. Which era are the bonuses using? @RushSecond

from 1.4 changelog:

All bonuses that depend on game era (science, culture, and now amenities and combat strength) now depend on each individual AIs progress, instead of the progress of the game leader. An AI in the Medieval era will only get era-scaling bonuses from Medieval even if someone else is in a later era.

from 1.4 changelog:

All bonuses that depend on game era (science, culture, and now amenities and combat strength) now depend on each individual AIs progress, instead of the progress of the game leader. An AI in the Medieval era will only get era-scaling bonuses from Medieval even if someone else is in a later era.

That answers my Q, thanks!

The only issue i encountered during my last full game was that i could end the turn without adding a new thing to produce in a city. But i doubt it has anything to do with this mod. It happened during the last 60 or so turns.

The smoother difficulty mod works perfectly with AI+ mod as it reduces the insane bonusses from emperor difficulty and up for ai civs. In like 75/100 turns the AI could get twice the amount of cities and 3/4x number of units. Which feels to much like Cheating and immersion breaking instead of challenging.

Played my last game on emperor and finished on 540 out of 750 turns. My feeling is that the AI needed about 70 more turns to win the space race. Next game will be on immortal difficulty. My last 60 turns was about pressing next turn. There were no emergencies during the whole game. And i only fought 2 wars. Trying to be friendly most of the time

Had a chance to give this a spin on Emperor, and initial impression is the comparative skill level is much easier when the mod is enabled. I don't think the bonuses applied come close to matching the extra settler and military units of the default game. This might not be a bad thing as I tended to hate the early DoWs and the fact it was nigh impossible to build anything fun in the early years that wasn't a military unit or a settler. Maybe I just need to move up a level or two when using the Smoother Difficulty mod.

I've enabled scaling for Faith as well as the other yields, attached:

I'd recommend using this alongside with Yield bias typo fix so AIs don't get too much faith making grabbing a religion impossible

Attachments

• Smoother Difficulty.rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 405
I've enabled scaling for Faith as well as the other yields, attached:

I'd recommend using this alongside with Yield bias typo fix so AIs don't get too much faith making grabbing a religion impossible

Sweet, can you elaborate on this a little? Is it same % as the Base Science & Culture Bonus, Per Era Science & Culture Bonus, Gold and Production Bonus, or something else? Perhaps an updated table (one on overview page) can help?

Have you taken over this from @RushSecond now?

Sweet, can you elaborate on this a little? Is it same % as the Base Science & Culture Bonus, Per Era Science & Culture Bonus, Gold and Production Bonus, or something else? Perhaps an updated table (one on overview page) can help?

Have you taken over this from @RushSecond now?

it should be self explanatory if you look into erascaling.sql, I've handled it just like Rush handled culture&faith: 12% base per difficulty level ( instead of vanilla 8% ) and +1 per era per difficulty level ( warlord is the "neutral" difficulty level )

I haven't taken over from Rush, just made the edit for myself and figured I'd upload it here in case other people are interested :)

Top Bottom