[GS] Sneak Peak 07/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Italy had been an option, I would have sworn the image shows the Mole Antonelliana of Torino stretched in 5:1 with compared to its actual aspect ratio.

But I guess that's a bit of a long shot. :dunno:

If Italy had been an option, I would have sworn the image shows the Mole Antonelliana of Torino stretched in 5:1 with compared to its actual aspect ratio.

But I guess that's a bit of a long shot. :dunno:
Not a bad guess, and possibly a bit better fit than Brunulleschi's Dome in Florence. But my rent bet is already on Lorenzo :(

I'm going to go with 98% chance of Phoenicia, mostly out of stubbornness. :p The other 2% chance is that it's just looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, Master.

I was sure it was Mali by the chocolate coins; but then again Mali, Ottomans and Phonically were all known for trade. Gifting gold was defiantly a Mansa Musa thing... but the obvious purple makes me lean further towards Phoenicia... Currently I'm 70% Phoenicia, 15% Mali, 10% Sweden and 5% Ottoman.

My bet on Phoenicia as well. And that's why:
Just think out of the box. We are trying to recognize shape. We are misguided because this shape can be anything...
So maybe we should notice something else.
What is the main part of this picture? Nothing... It's almost just a background.
And how can you describe this background?
It's purple. Or rather... tyrian purple.

Purple dye was a main Phoenician export good.
And by the way. They discovered money. Golden coins...

It's bluer than Tyrian purple, but I think you could be right that in our 98% sky shot the color was intended as a clue.

Purple dye was a main Phoenician export good.
And by the way. They discovered money. Golden coins...
I don't know whether the color is a hint to Tyrian purple (the color of the building/ship comes close). It is not the Phoenicians though who minted golden coins fisrt, but rather the Lydians.

All I'm seeing is a rather steep roof or spire atop a tower in the sneak peak.

Considering many of the remaining choices are from warmer climates which don't need such things, I'd put my chips on Sweden.

I voted Mali before but I'm putting Phoenicia ahead at this point... but yeah it can still go either way.

I don't know whether the color is a hint to Tyrian purple (the color of the building/ship comes close). It is not the Phoenicians though who minted golden coins fisrt, but rather the Lydians.

Lorenzo Medici & family collected a lot of ducats in the banking racket.

I'm going to take chance with a crackpot idea and say what we are seeing is a parasol in Mansa's caravan. (Just as valid as any other guess, imho, and if it is, it would be a big hit ;) ).

Spoiler :

New civ + the colour scheme had me thinking Phoenicia, but the coins and my stubbornness say Mali.

I also want to jump on the complain train here. I preferred the R&F trivia. Or even a small sample like this that they zoom out over the course of the day. One useless image that's super pixelated and tells us nothing isn't really fun.

my gut says Mali, but my gut has been only about 50% right so far, so who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom