So I dropped a TV on my laptop...

Bozo Erectus

Master Baker
Surprisingly it still works. But the monitor is cracked, will I be belted by gamma rays or something? Is it safe to use like that?

Nice work there. :goodjob: You can use it allright, if the screen is still in usable condition.

When it happened, the whole thing was too ridiculous to even get mad. The TV is kaput btw.

Yeah works fine, its just that the monitor looks like a bullet pinged off of it. I was thinking there might be some toxic stuff in there leaking out.

May I inquire as to how on earth you accomplished such a feat?

Laptops are suprisingly durable. My dad left one on the hood of his car and the dang thing went airborne going about 30mph and skidded across the freeway, and it still worked.

May I inquire as to how on earth you accomplished such a feat?
I blundered into the friggin TV like a bumbling ****** and dropped it directly on the open laptop.
Laptops are suprisingly durable. My dad left one on the hood of his car and the dang thing went airborne going about 30mph and skidded across the freeway, and it still worked.
When closed.

The case is tough, the screen is not.
If it had been closed Im sure there would have been no damage.

May I inquire as to which type of laptop you have? And did it hit the screen, keyboard, or both? Quite an impressive feat.

Its a Compaq Presario. It looks like a corner of the TV whacked the monitor. What I think saved the laptop from complete destruction was that it was on the bed.

Commradict, Id rather do that than drop a TV on a laptop a few days after buying it.

Id rather do that than drop a TV on a laptop a few days after buying it.

oh thats gotta suck :cringe:

but atleast it still works and I'm sure you can get the screen fixed or even replaced

Nice one. Can't believe that happened to you Bozo Erectus.

A replacement for the laptop's screen would cost the same or more than the laptop.

A replacement for the laptop's screen would cost the same or more than the laptop.

That's just stupid.

Though it makes sense sort of.

Check your warrenty, perhaps there's some way to get it replaced.

Repairing the display would require little voodoo magic. It's quite possible to do it by yourself. The main problem is to find replacement parts. I'm still looking for a source with reasonable prices myself.

Top Bottom