1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So let's talk about China then...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by AsparustheSaiyan, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Well, a lot changed with GS. I'm not sure how useful the old threads are anymore.

2. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I'm sure nobody would object if the old threads were resurrected to discuss the changes brought about be GS. Although, I'm not sure how much Rome changed in GS, it would just be the GS mechanics (and how they pertain to Rome) that would need to be discussed. Of course, finding the old threads buried throughout the forums might be challenging, but that's what the Search function is for.

3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: We would generally prefer that you open a new thread than resurrect a dead thread where the risk of confusion and spreading outdated information is greater.

4. NebulousJaguar

NebulousJaguar Chieftain

I played China recently to commemorate the demo version of civ6... which i think forced you to play as China? I could be mistaken.
    Anyway I used China on a small map on prince difficulty and won a cultural victory around turn 280.
    I built probably 2 or 3 ancient/classical wonders, I only built 3 crouching tigers before I advanced to field cannons (this all went too fast). I couldnt get the achievement for crouching tigers on the great wall due to science being too fast on this one. I built probably 7 or 8 great wall tiles.

The best thing was the dynastic cycle buff, I guess. The crouching tigers did not see much use. I found the great wall yields to be nice, but the great wall never served for any fortification in war or anything. The wonder building was so short lived.

I tend to focus more on disctrict building than early wonders anyway. So maybe it is just bad synergy for me specifically.
    I would like it if I could have the great walls and crouching tigers play a significant role during war, but not all games take the route where the great wall would matter that way. Most games dont turn out that way, actually.

4 out of 10 would China again.

5. Jarms48

Jarms48 Prince

After the Great Wall buff, I honestly think the only bad part about China is the UU.

Jkchart and local_hero like this.
  6. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

If anyone would like to do the Civ of the Week thing again, they’re very welcome to do so...

Feel free to drop my terrible jokes about Beards... although. Then FXS was making beard jokes in the last patch...

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  7. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Truthfully, your jokes were what I looked forward to the most.