So, No HOTSEAT Play?

Looking through the release info, I still have yet to see mention of Hotseat as one of the forms of multiplayer. Is it just a matter of hotseat play not being "sexy" enough to mention? Or is this really a bad omen for my wife and I who love to play Civ together?

Colonel Kraken said:
Is it just a matter of hotseat play not being "sexy" enough to mention?
I think this is it. I wouldn't worry too much.

I agree, hotseat should be there. I don't do multi-player much, but if I did it would most likely be hotseat with my brother.

If they take away hotseat, how will I play the epic games against myself??

...and yes, I'm quite serious.. the regular game has gotten boring.. so i play against myself, hotseat style... bet i'm the only one who does it, too...

@sealman: ahh, but is it your PRIMARY style of play??

looks like I owe you a brewski next time I'm in VA!

Darwin420 said:
If they take away hotseat, how will I play the epic games against myself??

...and yes, I'm quite serious.. the regular game has gotten boring.. so i play against myself, hotseat style... bet i'm the only one who does it, too...

I used to do that in Civ2 -- and play as the Barbarians.

Wow... I must admit, I'm surprised other people play against themselves.

The scariest part, at least, is when I surprise myself...

Not much difference in civ3 between hotseat and a PBEM (playing with that 'continue'-option).:hmm:
If it's implemented in same fashion into civ4, hotseat would still work by starting the game as PBEM.:)

Apart from that, as in civ3 or SMAC, I hope that MP-save files will be combatible when switching forth/back from PBEM to LAN MP-setup.

@Arkazius: I know.. I hate it when I beat myself to those really juicy wonders.

topic: since cIV is to be multi-player integrated from the get-go, I'm confident that Hotseat will be included in some way, shape, or form.

I used to play myself in Civ2 ToT-and I NEVER showed myself fear or favour. If I felt it neccessary to attack-and destroy-my other civ, then thats EXACTLY what I would do ;)! Of course, if we had a much more powerful opponent in the area, then we would co-operate for the time being!
Actually, believe it or not, I have played numerous games of chess against myself too ;)!
Anyway, O/T again. I believe that hotseat will be in, because it must surely be one of the easiest multiplay systems to program!?

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Actually, when I challenge myself, I play objectively. No favorites... if there's a good opportunity for a civ, I take it. But, I can also guide some things to make a more interesting world and game-playing experience.

Of course, I think when cIV comes out, I'll be busy exploring single-player again. C3C got too boring, and playing at higher levels just gives me a headache, because the game isn't more fun, it just makes the AI a bigger pain in the butt. My hope is that cIV will fix the AI issues and give them personalities.

But, hotseat should be easy to program; it will be nice to play games against my wife, too. Then again, I might just set the 3 computers in my house to play over my LAN. (yes, I am a techno-weenie). :scan:

Top Bottom