So this is my first Civ game...

Crap...I edged out a land victory over the English, totally eliminated their forces- I didn't realize I had to take their ships out, too! I dont make near enough money to fund that kind of navy, should I be running more than 3-4 colonies in a game? lol

Wait a mo - you don't need to take out their ships. Are you quite sure you got every one of their landed forces? the Revolution screen shows no ground REF left at all? I've won games with over 100 Man-o-War left in the game but they are powerless without any troops to land.

Nope, the revolution screen shows NO land forces left, and I cycled through probably 3-5 turns with it like that. I can go back and check later, the game is still saved, and see what's up.

Well I don't understand that. In all my games the victory screen has come up at the end of the turn where I killed off the last of the King's troops.

Do soldiers that are just standing at the settlement, but not working in it, count against the 50% independence deal? I wasn't able to get it to 50% a while ago, even after taking all but 3-4 people out in every settlement (3 in town hall, maybe 1 getting food). It was confusing and frustrating, hovered at around 48% for like 20 turns.

Do soldiers that are just standing at the settlement, but not working in it, count against the 50% independence deal? I wasn't able to get it to 50% a while ago, even after taking all but 3-4 people out in every settlement (3 in town hall, maybe 1 getting food). It was confusing and frustrating, hovered at around 48% for like 20 turns.

The value of your global rebel sentiment is calculated against total population, and that does include soldiers outside the settlements along with all your farmers, fishermen etc. The actual formula is:

Global Rebel Sentiment = Liberty Bells per turn x 25 / Total Population.

Your global rebel sentiment will trend towards this value over time. You can add up your bells per turn from the Domestic Advisor, while your total population is 'All Units' minus 'No Profession' from your Military Advisor.

For more info see Axxon's excellent post here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=293730

Top Bottom