So... when's the Editor due out!!

Originally posted by Melinder
Was I imagining things when I thought the Mac editor would bring us up to 1.29 level?
Yes, you were imagining it. The editor will come in at 1.21.
However, since PTW is in the works, they may yet bring everything to 1.29... but we won't know until contractual negotiations finish and official port news is announced (taking it to 1.29 may actually be a part of the negotiations).

First thing... I typoed.. was not trying to call Westlake Westlate!

Second.. um.. er... I'm already exposed, I guess... I've been using the hacked PC editor on my kids' Windows 98 (now Windows 2000) machine until the editor is done on the Mac side...

VPC was just way too slow for me.

Originally posted by Melinder
Thanks ejday... BTW, that's the first sig file that's given me pause for thought in quite a while :)
Welcome. Glad the sig got the gears rolling.
Originally posted by Grey Randall
I typoed.. was not trying to call Westlake Westlate!
But it was so good we'll give you credit it for anyway. It is a keeper.

And if I had the room, I'd probably cobble together a little wintel appliance to play on the editor, too.

:confused:
Okay, they've been holding our editor in limbo for what... two weeks? Westlake handed over the final candidate a while ago, what on earth is MacSoft doing? Are they looking for cover art for the imaginary box as they post it the editor? Have they posted the editor -- and I just missed it somehow?

Don't know about the editor, but as I was looking on MacSoft's website, I note that they still say MoOIII will be in stores "autumn 2002." I think somebody hasn't been updating their website. :lol:

Originally posted by Beamup
Don't know about the editor, but as I was looking on MacSoft's website, I note that they still say MoOIII will be in stores "autumn 2002." I think somebody hasn't been updating their website. :lol:

Over at IMG , I read a post, in a random thread, by Brad saying his was finished w/ the editor, hence Final Candidate. So, he is done.

Also, there was a MacSoft update re: Moo3. Its a few hours behind the PC version. In a perfect world, it would be released relatively soon after the PC version's release.

Oh, I know. I just thought it was amusing that the page was multiple months out of date. Seems like it could be updated as they get info - such as when it hits winter and MoOIII isn't released yet. It's not like I actually use it for information or anything.

Although combining Brad's comment at IMG with the fact that it's been at FC for a couple weeks (though much of that was over MacWorld), it doesn't sound like any new issues have come up. Thus one does wonder what the holdup is.

Originally posted by dojoboy
...Brad saying his was finished w/ the editor, hence Final Candidate. So, he is done.
Yeah, I think I remember him saying something similar over here, too. He handed it over for them to look at (I think we had a discussion of MacSoft's "approval process") but that was a couple weeks ago. Talked about concurrent release of editor and the announcement of PTW (that didn't happen either)...

So that's my question. Where's MacSoft? That odd little software company with the funny hat that's hidden somewhere in the crowd... Somebody get it on their drive then go on vacation? They find the one "auto-destruct" bug? There some secret politik going on back there?

Originally posted by ejday

Where's MacSoft? There some secret politik going on back there?

I heard a rumour that they're holding back till Bush and Blair go into Iraq, just in case Saddam tries to edit his Republican Guards A/D/M settings... ;)

Originally posted by frunobulax

I heard a rumour that they're holding back till Bush and Blair go into Iraq, just in case Saddam tries to edit his Republican Guards A/D/M settings... ;)
Good one. I wonder, though, whether the Republican Guard would be locked in at 1/1/1 or -- for accuracy's sake -- could have negative numbers?

Originally posted by ejday

Good one. I wonder, though, whether the Republican Guard would be locked in at 1/1/1 or -- for accuracy's sake -- could have negative numbers?

Nah, I think for the sake of gameplay, they had to sacrifice some of that accuracy... I'd guess that it's probably 1/1/1. Besides, Saddam can't edit the rules in the middle of the game... He has to wait till the next one for the changes to take effect... ;)

Originally posted by DiamondzAndGunz

Nah, I think for the sake of gameplay, they had to sacrifice some of that accuracy... I'd guess that it's probably 1/1/1. Besides, Saddam can't edit the rules in the middle of the game... He has to wait till the next one for the changes to take effect... ;)

He can use a saved game editor...if he has a PC (real or Virtual)...:rolleyes:

Now, now; let's give credit where credit is due. Ther are at least 1/1/3. They were awfully good at retreating and surrendering.

Well, if they're good at surrendering, we might as well make em 1/0/2... And if he would use a saved game editor, why wait for the mac editor? gotta take that into consideration...

...And if he would use a saved game editor, why wait for the mac editor? gotta take that into consideration...
So let's send Hans Blix over and find where they're hiding our editor!

Nah, I think they're more like 0/0/4 - try to run away, but if that fails they fold like a house of cards.

And yes, Blix does need to start looking for the editor - after all, using the editor would let Saddam build up huge stockpiles of nukes with ease. It must be confiscated and distributed to the rest of the world so that we can make sure to build SDI to protect ourselves.

The editor...
Originally posted by Beamup
...Blix does need to start looking for the editor - after all, using the editor would let Saddam build up huge stockpiles of nukes with ease. It must be confiscated and distributed to the rest of the world so that we can make sure to build SDI to protect ourselves.
Hmm... I just saw this:
Excerpt from the Associated Press
Inspectors Find Unused Editors in Iraq
By GRIM FANDANGO
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - An inspection team searching computers in southern Iraq on Thursday found 11 unused CivIII editors that Iraqi officials had not declared to the United Nations, a U.N. spokesman said. Iraq insisted that it had reported the editors, which it said were old and only for CivII scenarios.

Also Thursday, inspectors searched the homes of two Iraqi programmers in Baghdad for the first time. One of the them, Bob, left with inspectors, but it was unclear if there was any connection between the home search and the discovery of iron deposits in all the hills surrounding his capital.

Debate immediately began about whether the editors constituted a material breach under MacSoft Resolution OU812.

The Westlake administration insisted that Iraq was violating the resolution regardless of whether the editors are in violation...
...Just thought it was topical.

Top Bottom