1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

So why is Confucianism a relgion?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Xellos-_^, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Saim

Saim King

Wasn't Confucius an agnostic theist who believed that the worship of Tian (loosely translated as Heaven, sometimes) is required for political stability? Or am I incorrect on that one?

2. DioAurion

DioAurion Warlord

Although it probably doesn't happen as often as you want to, I have experienced certain multi-continent multi-civ games where various religions were founded and established on differing continents. One such game on aggresive ai bts (no mods, choose religion on) custom continents (6), 18 civs led to 5 different factions of religions consisting of about 4 civilizations a piece. This coinciding with the aggressive ai led to massive world-wide faction based warring around the early industrial era.

In the end freedom of religion was a nearly non-existent phenomena and i believe all but Islam had at least one leader representing their faith. I can post a save game if someone explains how that is done so neat and cleanly on these forums.

3. alfon

alfon Chieftain

Double post

4. alfon

alfon Chieftain

Confucianism is not a religion, it is a more like a government philosophy. It is in the game because it has made a huge impact on the world. Neo-confucianism IS a religion.