[GS] Solar Farm on Plains Floodplain (Not a Bug)

TheComplex

Chieftain
I am trying to build a solar farm on a plains floodplain. The area is outside the direct influence of a city (4 tiles away) and did have a wheat field that I scythed. I am also unable to put a solar farm on a normal plains floodplain that did not contain wheat but is also outside the influence range of my city. I have also tried to build it within the city's influence range, I still only have the option build a farm or a Chaeau (Unique to France). I therefore assume that there is an issue with building Solar Farms on Floodplains (plains version at least). The civpedia doesn't mention this restriction, but instead just says it has to be flat and not be snow.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.200102-1707)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12236MB RAM

Game: Civilization 6: Gathering Storm
Game Version: 1.0.0.341 (443561)

Not a bug. If you look at the Placement Requirements in the Civilopedia you'll see that Solar Farms can only be built on Desert, Grassland, Plains, & Tundra. If it was allowed on Floodplains, you'd see Desert Floodplains, Grassland Floodplains, or Plains Floodplains listed like on the Château's entry.

The Civilopedia generally will only list the requirements, not the restrictions. In this case, Snow terrain is listed as a restriction because it's the only "flat" Terrain that is not valid. Solar Farms cannot be placed on any Feature (which includes all Floodplains), so it wouldn't make sense to list all features because they're all invalid.

If you had a mod that allowed removal of the Floodplains feature to reveal the underlying terrain, then you could place the Solar Farm. Or, you could have a mod that adds the three floodplains types to the Improvement_ValidFeatures table.

I was running without modifications. I didn't think floodplains was considered a feature as you can't remove it like you can marshes. I had not looked at the Chateau's entry to see that it listed floodplains. Do I need to delete thread or in some way edit it so it's not listed as a bug report?

Honestly I was kind of confused I couldn't find anyone else posting a similar post about this, as it really doesn't feel transparent when I came across it.

I was running without modifications. I didn't think floodplains was considered a feature as you can't remove it like you can marshes. I had not looked at the Chateau's entry to see that it listed floodplains. Do I need to delete thread or in some way edit it so it's not listed as a bug report?

Honestly I was kind of confused I couldn't find anyone else posting a similar post about this, as it really doesn't feel transparent when I came across it.
Wouldn't worry as odds are someone else will have this question and actually search the forum before posting a new thread.

I was running without modifications.
I meant that if you wanted to be able to either remove Floodplains or place a Solar Farm on them you'd need a mod that would allow you to do so.
I didn't think floodplains was considered a feature as you can't remove it like you can marshes.
See here for a list of Terrain & Features. Most types of Features cannot be removed.
Do I need to delete thread or in some way edit it so it's not listed as a bug report?
I asked a mod to mark the title as "not a bug".

Top Bottom