Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch

Working on a patch, drinking tequila, sleeping? No one really knows.

I'm supprised more people aren't all over this thread trying to bash the ai.

Maybe all three. I'm upset that they said before the release "there would be more ways to expand your empire in peaceful ways". Don't really see any... Build settlers faster? Wtf? I get tired of war after a long time.

major:
1- when playing for the 1st time BTS, I received a great Spy as my 1st Great Person. Not knowing what to do with it, I started a Golden Age (1 G.P. used). Then, later on in the game, I had another GP. I can't recall what it was... And again, I only needed 1 for starting a Golden Age!! I thought "Great, they changed this in the expansion", and had Golden Ages several times with 1 GP... until I was defeated...
In the next game, no such thing: I had to use an increased number of GP!!!
Unfortunately,as I thought it was ok with the 1st game, I overwrote my saved games with my new games...
Any one has experienced this before???

I can confirm this bug.

There is also a bug I'd like everyone to keep an eye out for that breaks your commerce. It causes your income to not have any effect, so if you are +200 a turn, you will get nothing. Also, this same bug causes espionage missions to be performed for free.

=$= Big J Money =$=

Modified code to (hopefully) prevent auto-explore units from getting "stuck".
From function:
Code:
bool CvUnitAI::AI_exploreRange(int iRange)
replace:
Code:
iDirectionModifier += (50 * (abs(iDX) + abs(iDY))) / iSearchRange;
with:
Code:
iDirectionModifier += (50 * ((iSearchRange - abs(iDX)) + (iSearchRange - abs(iDY)))) / iSearchRange;
I think the iDirectionModifier was intended to prioritize closer plots, but ended up prioritizing plots farther away. So what would happen is the scout (or whatever unit) would move away from a close unexplored plot to explore one farther away, then next turn, decide that the plot that was originally closer needs to be explored because it's now farther away. This change should prioritize closer plots, which should "unstick" things. I verified that it fixed the "stick" of the explorer from this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234902

Bh

I want to thank you for fixing the Waiting For Opponents bug. I was hitting it every other game and was really killing the game for me.

does Blue Marble 3.0 on Multiplayer compatible with this Unofficial BtS Patch?

I've installed the patch properly, but it would appear that cities still suffer -12 to happiness or health from spy actions. Why is this? I replaced the .dll file and everything.

Thanks. I didn't realize that.

Done and thanks for your excellent work! Looks like I'll have to add this to my custom assets folder, so it doesn't make any HOF games illegal for altered assets. Noted the post above about not being allowed. Guess I can't use this. :sad:

I would think the HoFmod for BtS will include those fixes, doesn't it?

I would think the HoFmod for BtS will include those fixes, doesn't it?
It contains some of them... one crash fix and the speed improvement codes was added after the HOF mod was released (they are in the latest development code though)... the AI changes are not in the HOF mod however.

It contains some of them... one crash fix and the speed improvement codes was added after the HOF mod was released (they are in the latest development code though)... the AI changes are not in the HOF mod however.

any chance they will make the journey to the HOF mod?
Or do we have to wait for an official patch?

I'm back here... just looked through the reports. That Settler crash some of you are encountering is strange. I think I know where the negative inflation is coming from, the code allows it to happen, though it should be rare - will fix.

EDIT: Hmm, perhaps those of you who are crashing are having the problem because of BlueMarble...

Solver, regarding the points I was making about ships, will the AI use Galleons and Transports to help spread their missionaries, spies and executives overseas? (From the code it wouldn't seem so.)

Or, are caravels and attack subs the only way this will happen? If so, then isn't there a large window where the AI won't do this as caravels get upgraded to frigates after all....

Hello Solver and thanks very much for your work.

I Started using your latest patch update over the weekend and it was causing the following rendering error then the game crashes to the desktop (is random, but happens when selecting a unit, not the same unit every time and sometimes the game will go on a couple of turns before the crash).

ERROR: Gamebryo2.0\CoreLibs\Nidx9Render\Nidx9VB.cpp Line 1019

Replaced the DLL with one of your earlier updates or the original DLL and the problem goes away. I think I'm using Blue Marble, but not the latest version.

Anyway, I thought I'll let you know as it must be related to the last build you did.

Again thanks very much for your efforts.

I'm back here... just looked through the reports. That Settler crash some of you are encountering is strange. I think I know where the negative inflation is coming from, the code allows it to happen, though it should be rare - will fix.

EDIT: Hmm, perhaps those of you who are crashing are having the problem because of BlueMarble...
I bet it is because of your hack workaround for the crash in exe file with city visibility :p

Is there any plans to alter the AI's use of corporations and the way that some of them spread them rather arbitrarily among all their cities (when they don't own the HQ). Or is that a 'wait for the official patch'?

1 does anyone know how you create a mod from this patch?

2 can you play it on MP if my friend has the same patch?

i hope someone can help me with these questions

On the settler crash bug: This was happening to me when I tried to start a Quick game but was fine on Normal and Epic, if that helps.

Top Bottom