Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch

Hooray for Solver! Just installed this patch, and life is a lot more pleasant running a free market economy with corporations now.

Solver, Gyathaar or Blake -

I have few questions about the AI types associated with Galleons and Transports when compared to Caravels:

Caravels include an AI for Spies and Missionaries, which means the AI will use these ship types for transporting Spies and Missionaries, right?

Well, does 'Missionaries' include Executives?

If so, then shouldn't the transport ships also include AI for Spies and Missionaries (+ Executives?)? Otherwise won't the AI fail to be able to use Spies and Missionaries (+ Executives?) overseas when Caravels are obsolete? I've never seen the AI use Executives to spread its Corporation overseas? Nor Spies for that matter...

Thoughts?

Just downloaded it, and renamed the original dll to CvGameCoreDLL1.dll, and replaced it with your dll, the game loaded ok, map ok, tried to build first town with settler and POOF crash to desktop!!

Tried it by itself same results, crash!

Thanks Solver, excellent job so far. There's another thing which could also probably be a bug (if you have time to check this out). If you switch to the AP religion (as your state religion) after the AP construction (by another civ), you become a full member of the AP, but you don't get the +2 production bonus to the religious buildings of that religion.

Here the thread of my saved game (the Mansa Musa game):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=5774140

Here the thread of another saved game:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=234958

Another thing is that the Final Frontier Mod always crashes to me in the civ selection screen... but I play on a laptop a lot below the minimum system requirement, so probably that's the reason (the unmodded game runs very well, and faster than Warlords, and I'm really happy with that :) ).

I'm getting a crach with the crossroads scenario using this patch. I can load to the main screen, but when I start playing I immediately get a message that I've been defeated. Not sure how that scenario and this patch are interacting, but hopefully that'll help you to track down a few more bugs.

Just downloaded it, and renamed the original dll to CvGameCoreDLL1.dll, and replaced it with your dll, the game loaded ok, map ok, tried to build first town with settler and POOF crash to desktop!!

Same :(..
Everytime I want to build a city, it crashes..
When I deleted/replaced this .dll, it worked again.

Hi Solver-

I was playing with your patch and I think there may be a problem with the way the Corporation/No Inflation is implemented: After I spread 2 corps to most of my cities, I had significant negative inflation multiplied by the inflation rate:crazyeye: , resulting in me raking in loads of cash. An example is shown here:

Of course, it is possible that this is how it's meant to work, but I don't think that is the case. If you could update your patch to resolve this issue, that would be great.

Edit: If it is difficult to see, my inflation is -837, with a 117% inflation rate, resulting in net inflation of -938. The upshot of this is that my total expenses were -331. This number continued to increase as the game progressed.

No. The game was changed so that it no longer recognizes dll files put in CustomAssets, so that won't work anymore.

Makes you wonder what's the point of CustomAssets.
After all, they where created to stop players from accidentaly overwritting original files, or ever actually needing to do such thing.

Step back in my oppinion...

Well, does 'Missionaries' include Executives?

If so, then shouldn't the transport ships also include AI for Spies and Missionaries (+ Executives?)? Otherwise won't the AI fail to be able to use Spies and Missionaries (+ Executives?) overseas when Caravels are obsolete? I've never seen the AI use Executives to spread its Corporation overseas? Nor Spies for that matter...

Thoughts?

Well, Caravels get obsolete when Attack Subs get available. And they also transport spies, missinaries and similar units (like old sub units before BtS).

Attack subs don't appear till the late game so there's a long gap between caravels and 'their' upgrade, during which time the AI presumably might not be getting the best out of their spies, missionaries and executives...

Try moving the old .dll out of that folder. What I did was make a new folder in Assets called "backup" and stuck it in there.

If that doesn't work, have you changed anything else in your Civ4/BtS installation?

Try moving the old .dll out of that folder. What I did was make a new folder in Assets called "backup" and stuck it in there.

If that doesn't work, have you changed anything else in your Civ4/BtS installation?

i tried that also, and no i never change anything in the original Civ4 stuff.
I think its the dll that he just put out on 3 Aug, thats not working correctly??

i tried that also, and no i never change anything in the original Civ4 stuff.
I think its the dll that he just put out on 3 Aug, thats not working correctly??

Well I installed that one yesterday, and it works fine. :sad:

Is it crashing every time you make a new game then? Does anything work, like scenarios...etc?

Well I installed that one yesterday, and it works fine. :sad:

Is it crashing every time you make a new game then? Does anything work, like scenarios...etc?

OK just tried it again with Play Now and a Custom Scenario both started ok got to the map and tried to build city with FIRST settler, POOF crash, right away, cant do anything at all!!

it's an unofficial patch, than means i wont have gone through Q & A, if it's crashing best to wait for the next official patch, i'm sure these improvements will be incorporated

Modified code so that units set to auto-explore will stop and heal when wounded.
From function:
Code:
bool CvUnitAI::AI_heal(int iDamagePercent, int iMaxPath)
replace:
Code:
if (plot()->isCity() || (healTurns(plot()) == 1))
with:
Code:
if (plot()->isCity() || (healTurns(plot()) == 1) || (AI_getUnitAIType() == UNITAI_EXPLORE))

Bh

Top Bottom