• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Some *ahem* Questions on Unit properties

settlervstank

Chieftain
  1. How can someone... enhance a nuke's power?
  2. How would you make the AI extremely agrressive, with the friendliest setting be the most aggresive setting in a regular game?
  3. How would you make a unit capable of walking on both land and water?
  4. Is it possible to create an event that would cause a nuclear explosion in a city that has a close proximity with a certain resource?
  5. Would it be possible to make a nuke ignore a bomb shelter?
  6. Is it possible to make a catapult/trebuchet/cannon/artillery/mobile artillery/portable SAM/etc. bombard a square so that it gives it falllout?

1:The_J made a modcomp that enhanced nukes, I believe. It made them unfathomably destructive.

But there's NUKEDESTROYBUILDINGRAND or something in globaldefines.xml.

2: I don't get that question.

3: I've tried. I don't quite understand it.

4: Not quite sure. You could cause a nuclear meltdown, though.

5: Maybe. Create a new type of nuke with a new unitclass but the same effect as a nuke, perhaps. Or maybe a new unitcombat...

6: That could probably be done somehow.

BTW, How is there a limit to how powerful a unit can be?

Now, about that nuke rand thing... does it also have a limit of infinity?
\

Great... Now, how do I increase the area of fallout produced by a nuke?

How long can the game last? Is there a limit?

The game turn is probably stored as an unsigned 32 bit integer, so the theoretical upper limit would be 4,294,967,295 turns based solely on that.

But you'd die of old age long before then.

The answer for any specific mod is that the turns until the time limit depends on how the mod has that set. It is controlled in CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml in the GameTurnInfos section for each game speed. The total turns before the end of the game for the time victory is the sum of the iTurnsPerIncrement values for all of the GameTurnInfo parts.

Top Bottom