Some Modern Units ( Infantries and Riflemen )

@coffee junkie

Did you ever create a sort of infantry on the cavalry horse? Or a headswap with the cavalryman? I seem to remember seeing it somewhere, but can't find it back. And I have use of such a unit.

You up to somethin', Geo? ;)

Always! :D
(I think I gave enough hints already on what I'm up to. Unfortunately it involves raiding mods like Varietas Delectas and such :mischief:)

But it seems I already solved the mounted infantry problem for Europe. I put Refar's Wehrmacht biker on the Cuirassier and Snafu's Willys Jeep on the Cavalry. But a mounted infantry is of course always welcome for the more backward civilizations if a proper infantry texture is laying around. :cool:

I've been searching all over the forums and on Google, but for the love of god, I can't get the right directory to install unit graphics.

At the moment I put all the downloaded files into "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\art\units". I am using Windows 7. I'm unsure as to where I should put all and future files into. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

I've been searching all over the forums and on Google, but for the love of god, I can't get the right directory to install unit graphics.

At the moment I put all the downloaded files into "C:\Users\Admin\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\art\units". I am using Windows 7. I'm unsure as to where I should put all and future files into. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

Try looking at this unit tutorial.

Hi everyone :)

Long and busy holidays but nothing involving Civ ...:mischief: I moved out in another city, had much work to do and times goes by ... Soon Civ 5 and of course, I didn't make my duties with Ethnic Mix Mod or the units I worked on :lol: Shame on me ! :D

But today, back on Civ Fanatics ... at last ! ;)

Once again, thanks for your comments !

@coffee junkie

Did you ever create a sort of infantry on the cavalry horse? Or a headswap with the cavalryman? I seem to remember seeing it somewhere, but can't find it back. And I have use of such a unit.

In fact, I created or integrated few cavalrymen with new textures for horses and ethnic flavoured cavalrymen. Will post some pictures asap.

As said Mamba, Asio made some EXCELLENT for Italy and Spain :) I use them in my mod.

If you are interested in, I created too some ethnic flavoured cuirassiers ... here one of the last I made :

For instance, I really have to update Ethnic Mix More and will post it in the next few days :)

Then, I will post some cavalry units if you wish :)

1024x1024 DDS ?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Totally not usefull to play ;) The maxima texture size I use is 256x256 DDS :D

These units will be available in the next update of Ethnic Mix More, then, I'll put a link as an add-on to the existing sets of units.

My new home is really fine :) I'm happy to have moved out :) Thanks !

That's a good question. I already ( for a while ) inluded these units into the update of Ethnic Mix More but I encounter some problems with modular way ... So, I should maybe pack them as units and upload it as an alternative as modern units :mischief:

Let me a bit of time again :) Thanks !

I'm currently working on updates of some of my modern units sets and some new stuff too so here some pictures :)

Downloads will come very very soon ;)

Here an updated infantry of my Middleast set : new head ( less cartoon ) and new body ( more texturized )

Here a new camo uniform for the marine created by Mechaerik :

And here the Mechaerik marine ( with new camo ) adapted to sam infantry :

Here a new set I'm working on : Modern Egypt Units. All credits go to Bakuel ( it is based on its arab revolt units )
I just changed some pixels here and there : skin of the head and texture of the uniform : no more.

I currently work on some updates of some sets already posted such the Ottoman Modern set, so stay tuned ! :lol:

:coffee:

New : 2 German ww2 units ( added in the download section ) here :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17841

- infantry
- marine ( with a mp44 wich is a creation of asioasio )

I tried to make a correct jodhpur ( trousers ) in Blender, I think I have to work on it again but not now ... ;)

More to come :)

All use basic game animations ...

Added too in the download section :

Updated African modern units V2

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17842

Updated African modern units V2 with camo uniform

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17843

Updated Ottoman modern units V2

This is the same set of ottoman modern units but with a brand new head, more realistic, less cartoon and ... credits for the head : bernie14 who proposed for civ4 some of his riflemen Blender creations for civ 5 !

( All use basic game animations )

for those who already use these units, just replace the old ones with the new ones and in the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml, pay attention to the name of the unit. That's all.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17844

Here some other current works.

I made some modifications on some of the great seZereth WW1 units meshes in Blender to get the modifications I wished from a long time ago ... ;)

Then I re-created the skin to get this on both french and russian riflemen.

Spoiler :

Quite easier because I only made the textures, here come the british, german, indian, and mongol riflemen and cavalries, celtic cavalry, based on different WW1 units meshes around :

Spoiler :

To come, the norse ( viking ) ones and surely the egyptians :)

To not come : the persian and greeks : only because I use the fantastic bakuel ones wich fit my wishes for ethnicae ;)

And the next set to be uploaded in the download section will be the mongol modern units :

Spoiler :

More to come !

Those British units look fantastic. Any chance of some Scottish equivalents? They could be used for the Celts. I think that the defining feature of Scottish units of the period (and modern Scots army) was/is the Glengarry hat:

As I'm working on these units because they are going to be part of the update of ethnicae asap I finish, it will be a pleasure to make some scottish for sure ;)

let's say, after 3 weeks ... is it ok for you ?

Top Bottom