Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Don't know/Don't care

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Portuguese

Vassalising Spain
Some later new units:

1) Blue heat soldiers
(from UN, associated with a new diplo tech...)

2) Terrorist groups
(a land privateer unit, that you cannot know the nationality, but you can be suspicious about who send it)

3) Secret Agent
(detects terrorists nationality and can infiltrate others' terrain without being seen by a non-Secret Agent unit (stealphed unit) )

4) Cracker
(after the building of Internet, can fortify in a city stolen a gold per turn to a chosen enemy CIV)

What do you think of these?

A unit with a lot of potencial. Atari could do so many things with this unit...

Of course, it required the UN have been built. Then, in specific ocasions you could use them for peace inforcement, defend and ally, attack CIVs which have used :nuke: Nukes or so...

The idea is: a unit with big defensive points (more than a mech!) but that only could be used in specific ocasions, like the ones I refered.

For example: 0/30*/3 with * = only in diplo situations

But the possibilities are enormous and I'm waiting for feedback in this issue... ;)

I think Blue Heat is a portuguese literal translation for Blue Helmets or Peacekeepers from the UN.
Are those you mean Portuguese?
If so I think it is a good idea , but there has to be a good reason for me to use them (get culture points or something). Now I don't care to much if two rivaling civs are killing each other.

The Cracker sounds a lot like the Hacker from C&C: Generals.

Originally posted by durfal
I think Blue Heat is a portuguese literal translation for Blue Helmets or Peacekeepers from the UN.
Are those you mean Portuguese?
If so I think it is a good idea , but there has to be a good reason for me to use them (get culture points or something). Now I don't care to much if two rivaling civs are killing each other.
I always heard the News in Portuguese, so I didn't know the exact translation and I was confident enough in my mistake to go with it. :crazyeye: Sorry.

Of course the idea was to say: Blue Helmets!!!

i voted for the terrorist cell

it could be use full against bigger enemy's

maybe it could have a specail abilety something like: suicide attack or a stealth mode where you can't see them only with one sort of unit could kck there asses :slay: maybe the secret agent

It could olso be an UU for 1 type of goverment like: feundamentalism can build the terrorist
other civ's can build secret agent

I don't like any of them. The disappearance of Civ2's Spies and similar units was a Good Thing, and I don't want anything similar back.

The possible exception would be the Blue Helmets. I do wish for the UN Wonder to do something more than enabling the deplorable Diplomatic Victory, and perhaps there exists a good way to implement UN peacekeeping.

what about a Religous Zealot that the Barbarians use. they are a lot more likely to attack Civ's with the Theory of Evolution in their control. they come from cities instead of Barbarian Camps. Partisans like in Civ2 would also be cool.
________
XY FALCON GT

I don't like the idea of the "blue heat" soldiers being so powerful. Perhaps they should have slightly less power than mech infantry, but one more movement (to symbolize greater international mobility, yet worse unity within corps, creating divisions and disorganization). The only difference is that they are contributed to a UN peacekeeping force in enemy or allied lands. They ahve the power to enter an ally's city, yet not occupy it, just help defend it (this is kinda like the Korean War). This would be an international force, and many countries could contribute these soldiers to the war effort.

I like the Blue Heat unit idea. The UN units can fight wars that my civ doesn't want to officially be part of.

As far as a terrorsit unit, I just use the guerilla unit, as others have, to inherit the 'hidden nationality' trait.

However, instead of using another unit to uncover the nationality of a foreign 'hidden nationality' unit, I think that the nationality should be revealed (possibly with some probability) if I defeat that unit in combat. This would somewhat be like conducting an interrogation or investigation after capturing or defeating a 'hidden nationality' unit.

Hey yes we could use the UN to intervene in conflicts and act as peacekeepers. You know when you take over a crappy city located on a desert or tundra square could you give it to the UN rather than destroying it or taking it over. The idea of peacekeepers may be difficult to introduce as in a conflict situation who would you side with. The UN peacekeepers should serve one purpose to halt the spread of nuclear weapons. This should justify a war. I like the idea of terrorist units maybe you could build them and be accused by other civs of sponsoring terrorism. Just a thought but terrorism should certainly be included as it plays a key part in the modern world and will continue to do so.

Top Bottom