Some patch stuff from in-game

Yeah policy costs late game are ridiculous. combine that with no free Sydney policy and the need to get free religion earlier, for finisher, and kiss culture wins goodbye. Still in my last game I had almost 4 trees filled at finish in non culture game so its still fine.

Honor finisher gives the combat strength of the destroyed unit in gold. It does have an issue with the gold not displaying on the map after you finish a unit off though. Songhai with completed Honor can now get an insane amount of gold in war with the new improved carpet of doom.

Honor finisher gives the combat strength of the destroyed unit in gold. It does have an issue with the gold not displaying on the map after you finish a unit off though. Songhai with completed Honor can now get an insane amount of gold in war with the new improved carpet of doom.

It was showing up for me. I was getting something like 12 culture+7xp+2 heal+10G for killing Russian swordguys. I usually play pretty passively, but here I smell a prolonged war. :D

Yeah policy costs late game are ridiculous. combine that with no free Sydney policy and the need to get free religion earlier, for finisher, and kiss culture wins goodbye. Still in my last game I had almost 4 trees filled at finish in non culture game so its still fine.

Sydney Opera House still gives a free policy, in addition to it being earlier in the tech tree and giving +50% culture in the city where it's build.

with the new culture formula, it takes 25 policies to catch up to the total culture spent before. policies are cheaper up to policy 17. for 30 policies it costs about 4600 more total culture (standard speed, one city).

the total costs haven't changed much. the main thing that hurts is the cut down late game multiplier / divisors like hermitage, free speech, cristo.

with the new culture formula, it takes 25 policies to catch up to the total culture spent before. policies are cheaper up to policy 17. for 30 policies it costs about 4600 more total culture (standard speed, one city).

the total costs haven't changed much. the main thing that hurts is the cut down late game multiplier / divisors like hermitage, free speech, cristo.

Except those don't "hurt" either. If you are going wide with lets say 20 cities, your total baseline culture to a cultural victory was reduced from 490,000 to 300,000. That's a bigger reduction than broadcast towers, hermitage, free speech and cristo combined when you consider that a wide empire won't even have hermitage, won't have broadcast towers in all 20 cities and free speech comes much earlier in Piety albeit at a smaller percent (still its unlocked earlier so that smaller percent is more valuable).

If you're going tall with just a handful of cities (1-5) you'll have no issues setting up a landmark farm and completing the Freedom tree with up to a dozen landmarks at 12:c5culture: each multiplied by 116% (hermitage, broadcast, reformation) which is up to 311:c5culture:/t in a single city just from landmarks and percentage modifiers, never mind other buildings and wonders. At that point Sydney would be worth of 75:c5culture:/t just from its base and modifier effect!

One question about the Freedom tree finisher: does it double base yields from the tile too? I.E, if you settle a great artist on grassland (for example), do you get 4 food and 12 culture, or only 2 food and 12 culture?

OMG Ranged units do Full damage (archers at least!)
How big was your sample? Anything known about other ranged units?
I've only performed one ranged attack post-patch, a Chariot Archer - attack 7 - did damage 3. That's not full damage, and the chariot had even a promotion applied to this attack.
I'm not complaining; ranged got a little boost anyway, but I'd like to know more data.

One question about the Freedom tree finisher: does it double base yields from the tile too? I.E, if you settle a great artist on grassland (for example), do you get 4 food and 12 culture, or only 2 food and 12 culture?

It doubles only that specific to what the great person is. Hammers for GE, culture for GA, science for GS ect,. For instance, settle a GE on a plains tile, no river, with iron, and you get 1 food and 10 hammers on that tile.

Ranged attacks still do the same damage, Bibor must have gotten a lucky streak or something.
Regular attacks are 4+<4 and ranged attacked are 2+<4. That was the same before and after the patch.

It doubles only that specific to what the great person is. Hammers for GE, culture for GA, science for GS ect,. For instance, settle a GE on a plains tile, no river, with iron, and you get 1 food and 10 hammers on that tile.

also note that the tech boosts don't get doubled, so manufactory goes from +4 base to +9 with freedom and chemistry

My earth mapp bugs after the patch. It dosnt matter wich Civ i choose i get Arabia (First preselected civ) anyhow. Is there anyone else with this problem or is it just me? :confused:

Edit: Tested several difrent maps. When loading senarios you will always get first Civ no matter what you select. I had no mods loaded so I guess this is a bug.

also note that the tech boosts don't get doubled, so manufactory goes from +4 base to +9 with freedom and chemistry

Thanks for the clarifications. So only Custom houses and manufactories make the Freedom finisher interact with the base tile yields (since academies remove jungle, and only Natural Wonders give culture), and since non lux-resource hexes giving more than 1 gold don't exist (do they?), manufactories are the only GP that can "exploit" this (on coal hills, for example).

The second bit was unexpected, though.:sad: It rarely makes a difference though, unless you were spamming academies.

Thanks for the clarifications. So only Custom houses and manufactories make the Freedom finisher interact with the base tile yields, and since non lux-resource hexes giving more than 1 gold don't exist (do they?), manufactories are the only GP that can "exploit" this (on coal hills, for example).

The second bit was unexpected, though.:sad: It rarely makes a difference though, unless you were spamming academies.

Keep in mind that only strategic resources are hooked up by a great person. Settle a GP on iron, stone and the like and you get that resource, but not luxury resourses. On food resources you will only get the base tile + base resource yield.

Keep in mind that only strategic resources are hooked up by a great person. Settle a GP on iron, stone and the like and you get that resource, but not luxury resourses. On food resources you will only get the base tile + base resource yield.

I know, that's why I said that only manufactories were "exploitable". If GP improvements hooked up lux-resources, a Custom House on a riverside gold hex with a mint would be a really nice hex :crazyeye:

I know, that's why I said that only manufactories were "exploitable". If GP improvements hooked up lux-resources, a Custom House on a riverside gold hex with a mint would be a really nice hex :crazyeye:

LOL. I could support half my army with a tile like that.

What about customs house on an oil with bazaar, or oasis with bazaar. That will combine will it? I will try it later, I'm playing arabia and going for cash victory.

Change I didn't find in patch notes. Disbanding units in your own territory gives more money back (25% up from 10%)

Top Bottom