Some random obervations from the streams

The horsemen and horse archer probably won't do well once pikemen and knights are on the field, and it is a long wait until cavalry. The bonus vs wounded isn't that great a trait that it can carry the civ from medieval to industrial era alone.
You're forgetting the +50 hp on kill, which I think is a huge deal. We all know how annoying the "promote for instant heal then attack" tactic was in Civ5. That's not possible anymore in Civ6 except for Scythia, and killing a unit happens more often that getting promoted. It's probably a bit weaker because you have to attack before getting the heal (although the +5 strength bonus is helpful) but I suspect that it's going to be very strong.

Just been watching Biffa's latest playthrough (Germany) and he stated that if you don't use a unit promotion ( but save it as a method of healing later) then you stop earning XP until it is promoted!

Just been watching Biffa's latest playthrough (Germany) and he stated that if you don't use a unit promotion ( but save it as a method of healing later) then you stop earning XP until it is promoted!

You have to promote it when it is not vulnerable because promoting a unit ends it turn simple as that.

You have to promote it when it is not vulnerable because promoting a unit ends it turn simple as that.

Biffa seemed to be referring that a unit that has a promotion available (to be used as a method of healing during a future battle for example), then it won't accrue any futher XP during battles towards future promotions until that promotion is used up. Promotions don't need to be used immediately, but can be used during a battle (ending its turn of course) to heal the unit by 50% of its HP.

Biffa seemed to be referring that a unit that has a promotion available (to be used as a method of healing during a future battle for example), then it won't accrue any futher XP during battles towards future promotions until that promotion is used up. Promotions don't need to be used immediately, but can be used during a battle (ending its turn of course) to heal the unit by 50% of its HP.
That was shown back in early August by some of the YouTubers. I think we can assume that's the way it's going to be in the game.

That was shown back in early August by some of the YouTubers. I think we can assume that's the way it's going to be in the game.
It's very explicit about it in the Civopedia that you don't accrue Xperia while a promotion is pending.
OddGamer's Scythia game first did (not sure on his name, I was just searching for Scythia vids)

During the Battle Royale stream they said that the extension of city state territory depends on the total number of envoys sent by all the civilizations. (It is at minute 58 of the first part)

Yes, if I understand correctly, cede means giving rights to the conqueror.

I don't know. Probably not.

Interesting, I would have assumed yes. It remains a city of one nationality under another nation's control, so it is "liberation."

I am curious which way they have set up the rules.

During the Battle Royale stream they said that the extension of city state territory depends on the total number of envoys sent by all the civilizations. (It is at minute 58 of the first part)
Yes, this is very interesting. So sending more envoys to your neighbor CS means helping him expand into territory you may have had your eye on. And sending envoys to your rival's neighbor means helping a CS take land that your rival had his eye on.

You're forgetting the +50 hp on kill, which I think is a huge deal. We all know how annoying the "promote for instant heal then attack" tactic was in Civ5. That's not possible anymore in Civ6 except for Scythia, and killing a unit happens more often that getting promoted. It's probably a bit weaker because you have to attack before getting the heal (although the +5 strength bonus is helpful) but I suspect that it's going to be very strong.
I'm not. I just don't think it's a trait that can carry units through multi-era gaps between upgrades. Horseman vs Pikemen isn't a contest, even if one horseman can heal after they swarm the pikeman down.

Not an observation from the streams, but from the pdf manual:

"Only one source of a specific luxury provides amenities, shared with the four neediest cities in your empire. For example, if you have 2 Citrus resources improved around your capital, only the first will be providing amenities to your empire."

If that is true, it changes quite a lot of things... Or does this assume your empire has no more than 4 cities?

Also: "Each Luxury resource can contribute 1 Amenity to a city. The number of cities it provides this bonus to vary based on the era for the resource."

What's this? What is "the era for the resource"?

As I understand it you can only use one of each luxury resource and extra copies won't give you any extra amenties. The extra copies can be sold to civs who lack that specic resource, basically no different from previous civ games;)

Each luxury give 4 amenities which are sent to your 4 cities who are worst off in terms of amenities, that is to say the 4 cities who have the lowest net amenties or simply the 4 least happy cities.

How many cities you have do not matter, your 4 least happy cities get the amenties and I guess the game recalculate after each luxury is used so the next luxury may effect other cities if they are less happy.

Era of resource could mean the stuff you can get from great people which tend to give like 4 amenties per copy or something like that and thus much more powerful then the early stuff.

Last edited:
Not an observation from the streams, but from the pdf manual:

"Only one source of a specific luxury provides amenities, shared with the four neediest cities in your empire. For example, if you have 2 Citrus resources improved around your capital, only the first will be providing amenities to your empire."

If that is true, it changes quite a lot of things... Or does this assume your empire has no more than 4 cities?

Also: "Each Luxury resource can contribute 1 Amenity to a city. The number of cities it provides this bonus to vary based on the era for the resource."

What's this? What is "the era for the resource"?
Poor grammar, I assume. I'd parse at as <Number of cities> 'varies based on the era' <and different resources have different numbers> Or to put it in actual English: Luxury resources provide a bonus amenity to a number of cities, and that number varies based on both the era and the specific resource.

Maybe coffee starts at 3 and rises to 6, while gold starts at 4 and goes down. Presumably someone can check at this point.

As I understand it you can only use one of each luxury resource and extra copies won't give you any extra amenties. The extra copies can be sold to civs who lack that specic resource, basically no different from previous civ games;)
Didn't all the streamers say the opposite? 2 copies provide one amenity to up to 8 cities. Oh well, guess I'll know soon. The pdf manual is very unclear on many points, and includes other things as well which are contradicting what I've seen in the previews. I feel it only makes me dumber, so I'll stop reading.

Oh, I missed the manual part. Nevermind. I'll believe this when I see it in game. Game manuals are often wildly out of date (even in the era of pdfs, when there isn't a reason for them to 'go to print'), while game development continues through the release date.

Declaring one time will cause every leader to denounce you from this live stream:

GamerZakh used the casic belli formal war declare war on a player you denouced 5 turns ago he denouced sumeria and waited 10 turns then used formal war.
suddenly whole the world denounces him...

This warmonger penalty is way to high. Even with a 50% reduction wit hthe casic belli you get denounced for atacking someone so why bother? just for declaring one war the Ai go mental and see you as the devil

they did so many efforts with brave new world to balance warmonger out only penalty for taking cities and low for atacking now you get massive penalty for just declaring once.

Top Bottom