Some Random Sailing Ships

achilleszero

Emperor
Here are some sailing ships that I made for Legends of Revolutions and one of its add-ons awhile back.

Download Barbary Corsair Xebec:
xebec.jpeg
Scourge of the seas for almost 800 years till they were finally put down by the fledgling american navy. Now with these 2 units, you can be a total jerk too!

Originally made for the Barbary Corsair legend in LoR. Features my own invention of a Islamic jolly roger on the front sail. Has peculiar but very cool looking opposite facing sails, as some corsair xebecs were built with. Also included a second model with same facing and red/white striped sails as in one pic posted by theCapo.

Download English Man O' Wars:
manowars.jpeg
Some of the mightiest ships to ever sail. Some of them sporting 100+ guns. I tried putting that many on it and it wound up looking silly. So you'll have to settle with 60 guns.

Reskins of colonization's Man O' War, along with additional ensigns/flags. First man o' war is a reproduction of the world famous HMS Victory. Second one is a more generic English Man O' War's paint job. Flags and Pennants are fairly accurate. Thanks to Wiz4War for source material on British naval ensigns. Default sails are bare (as they most likely wouldve been in real life) So I also included some alternate sail textures that were originally made by JustATourist.

Download Viking LongBoat:
longboat.JPG
Just another variant on a viking Longboat to make it stand out more from normal galleys. Its pretty much JustATourist's Viking Caravel with some oars slapped on it.

Animation instructions for each model are in thier zip. Buttons for each model and variant are also included in each DL.

Credits:
Refar, for making original Xebec in DB.
JustATourist, for viking caravel and English sail textures
Wiz4War, for ensuring accuracy on ManOWars
TheCoyote, for figuring out why the stupid cannons on Man O War didnt work properly

They're all Epic! Too bad I don't have much use for the Corsair (or do I :hmm:)!

I love em.

very nice, really liked the Man 'o War. :)
what did you use to make these?

Nice ones, is the non-barbarian xebec sail always white and red, or is it civ-colored ?

Dear Sir,

The Man-O-War is indeed a unit we miss.It s the battleship from that era,but,can we use it with team colour civilization?i mean,i m greek and sometimes i m playing as french as well.The Man-O-War ,will have english colours flying?:(

the Man 'o War was a British ship, other nations didn't have them. (unless they captured them)
this is because the British wouldn't trust other nations with so powerful a ship and kept the blue prints a secret. :)

Nice ones, is the non-barbarian xebec sail always white and red, or is it civ-colored ?

There always red. I never added team color because it was from a picture. And because the corsair in LoR is a privateer type unit, I never saw a point. I can make it team colored if you want.

very nice, really liked the Man 'o War. :)
what did you use to make these?

Mostly just Gimp, scene viewer, and nifskope. For the custom parts (like detached parts, custom sails) you can use blender or 3dsMax. The base models were basically already made, I just edited them to change thier appearance.

Dear Sir,

The Man-O-War is indeed a unit we miss.It s the battleship from that era,but,can we use it with team colour civilization?i mean,i m greek and sometimes i m playing as french as well.The Man-O-War ,will have english colours flying?:(

Well they were made to be specific ships in LoR, hence the specific coloring and markings. Ill post the Colonization man o war if you want a more team colored one.

Dear Sir,

I dont want to disaggree with you,but i m enforced to do it.Manowars were not only english privilege.In the great war in europe between France and England around 1800(Napoleon s Armies) french navy possesed Manowar classes warships.
Anyway,is it easy for you to make this unit without english colours?

Dear Sir,

I dont want to disaggree with you,but i m enforced to do it.Manowars were not only english privilege.In the great war in europe between France and England around 1800(Napoleon s Armies) french navy possesed Manowar classes warships.
Anyway,is it easy for you to make this unit without english colours?

really? huh, just goes to show what i know. :p

Actually youre both kind of right. A Man O War is just a big warship. It can be a frigate or a ship of the line or even a sloop of war. Man O Wars, both ship of the line and the frigate were both developed first by the British.

The model is intended to represent a 1st rate ship of the line, which is the biggest of them all. Not sure what other countries actually called thier comparable ships.

There always red. I never added team color because it was from a picture. And because the corsair in LoR is a privateer type unit, I never saw a point. I can make it team colored if you want.

I would prefer that, thanks :)

It also appears to be a different model, the first sail is not facing the other direction.

I would prefer that, thanks :)

Here ya go, both style xebecs with team color/striped sails.
View attachment Team Colored Corsairs.zip

It also appears to be a different model, the first sail is not facing the other direction.
Yeah theyre different. Xebecs came in both styles. I originally made the opposite facing, black sailed xebec for LoR. Then the Capo asked for a xebec and posted a pic of one with red striped sails, so I fliped the sail around, in case people liked it better.

ok if anyone can help me in this ,i ll be greatfull.

i have added this ship (badly needed as i said) and rename it MAN_O_WAR.
I gave it strength 15,more powerfull than any other in wood and sail.also,cause of there were not built many i have put a limitation-only 12 allowd to be build-worldwide(this was an inspiration of a mod that includes tyhe legends).
anyway,when i attacked an enemy country and have a stack combined by 2 ship of the lines(strength 12) and the man-o-war(strength 15 as i said) the ship accepting the first hit is not man-o-war as i reasonable assumed as the strongest,but the ship of the line!
why is this happening?any suggestions?

Top Bottom