[GS] Some texts seems not exist on the civ6 folder, but the texts are actually shown...

Hoo the fool

Chieftain
Hello.

I'd like to add some texts in the game, but I couldn't find any texts related to what I've wanted to change. The thing I'm referring to is "+5 Great General Points."; It shows when Hetairoi kills an enemy unit.

I used a search software on the civ6 directory, aka. Aba Search & Replace, but I couldn't find any text related to what I've mentioned. I also checked SQL database, like BaseGameText, FrontEndText, and LocalizedText, and I failed to find the text again.

I want to give an ability to units giving +5 Great Prophet points per unit kills, and show the text like the image. What should I edit or refer to?

Thank you for the information and reply!

The description, unfortunately, seems a little different. I used your search tool, and the result shows that "+5 Combat Bonus from adjacent Great General+5 Combat Bonus from adjacent Great General", which is another Hetairoi's ability. :p I've tried to find what I want on your tool, but I still couldn't, sadly.

Why didn't the description, "LOC_HETAIROI_GREAT_GENERAL_POINTS_DESCRIPTION", exist on the database?... It's really weird.

I had same issue with text not appearing, since for my tool I fetch database too. I believe they only appeared playing with the player, but this particular description not in my tool also but I have all props, I think your text corresponds to this one:

LOC_ABILITY_HETAIROI_DESCRIPTION

Code:
	<Types>
		<Row Type="ABILITY_HETAIROI" Kind="KIND_ABILITY"/>
		<Row Type="UNIT_MACEDONIAN_HETAIROI" Kind="KIND_UNIT"/>
	</Types>
	<Tags>
		<Row Tag="CLASS_HETAIROI" Vocabulary="ABILITY_CLASS"/>
	</Tags>
	<TypeTags>
		<Row Type="ABILITY_HETAIROI" Tag="CLASS_HETAIROI"/>
		<Row Type="UNIT_MACEDONIAN_HETAIROI" Tag="CLASS_HETAIROI"/>
	</TypeTags>
	<Units>
		<Row UnitType="UNIT_MACEDONIAN_HETAIROI" BaseMoves="4" Cost="100" AdvisorType="ADVISOR_CONQUEST" BaseSightRange="2" ZoneOfControl="true" Domain="DOMAIN_LAND" FormationClass="FORMATION_CLASS_LAND_COMBAT" Name="LOC_UNIT_MACEDONIAN_HETAIROI_NAME" Description="LOC_UNIT_MACEDONIAN_HETAIROI_DESCRIPTION" PurchaseYield="YIELD_GOLD" PrereqTech="TECH_HORSEBACK_RIDING" PromotionClass="PROMOTION_CLASS_HEAVY_CAVALRY" Maintenance="2" Combat="36" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_UNIT_HETAIROI" MandatoryObsoleteTech="TECH_REPLACEABLE_PARTS"/>
	</Units>
	<UnitAbilities>
		<Row UnitAbilityType="ABILITY_HETAIROI" Name="LOC_ABILITY_HETAIROI_NAME" Description="LOC_ABILITY_HETAIROI_DESCRIPTION"/>
	</UnitAbilities>
	<UnitAbilityModifiers>
		<Row>
			<UnitAbilityType>ABILITY_HETAIROI</UnitAbilityType>
			<ModifierId>HETAIROI_GREAT_GENERAL_POINTS</ModifierId>
		</Row>
	</UnitAbilityModifiers>
	<Modifiers>
		<Row>
			<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_UNIT_ADJUST_GREAT_PEOPLE_POINTS_PER_KILL</ModifierType>
		</Row>
	</Modifiers>
	<ModifierArguments>
		<Row>
			<Name>Amount</Name>
			<Value>5</Value>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Name>GreatPersonClassType</Name>
			<Value>GREAT_PERSON_CLASS_GENERAL</Value>
		</Row>
	</ModifierArguments>
It won't specifically be found in a LOC_KEY, I don't think. It should be auto-generated based on the ModifierArguments data and the unit-ability the modifier is attached to.

LOC_ABILITY_HETAIROI_DESCRIPTION for example does not actually seem to be defined anywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom