some thankful serious feedback

Tobiyogi

King
Hello Civ-fanatics, and especially to the developpers,

after having played Civ4 BTS for a while, I got bored and tried out several mods. I have to say that AND is by far the best mod, it contains almost everything that I always wanted to have. The amount of new possibilties is just amazing, you really give someone the chance to personalize his game. You clear off most of the illogic stuff, still Civ 4 is a great game. But with AND, I can now chose how many units can be stacked in one tile, I will much better understand what are the (diplomatic) consequences of my behavior, I can handle the character traits still more versatile, I love going hunting during the first rounds, I love how many little steps make the puzzle complete 100 years later. Best exemple: carpenter builds weelwright faster, weelwright helps with traders and chariots. It's so cute and so much in detail. Or for the Via Appia that you simply cannot build without stone, not even slower. No, you need Stone!!
Best of all: your modifications make me appreciate much more what I have done. It takes longer to tech to literature and then I really appreciate my first library, other exemple: I cannot chariot rush someone from round 25, I really have to do some hard work towards horseback riding/ warfare.

Just three little objections: imo, there are way too much "little" buildings, endless stuff that gives 1 Food or 2 Commerce, bakery, myth, elder's council, etc.... Second, the revolutions happen too easy, I find it not very realistic that an almost defeated oppenent comes along with 15 fresh units, just because ME didn't handle the happiness thing. And third point: I have really a hard time finding a viable map. I check the screenshots via worldbuilder in the first place and I have to refresh A LOT. Just because there is barely any food. Under these conditions, I would never grow. Once I have found something viable, the game is developping very well.

Thanks a lot, for your work and your devotion, it is really a piece of passion.
I think I would like to help a bit with translations, as this is my profession. I usually play the english version but I had lately noticed some mistakes in the german version. Just like the famous "our close borders sparkle tensions". close can mean "closed" AND "nearby" in german. Or the automated workers that "leave" forests, what means they quit the forest and go home. (in german) Those phrases are still from Vanilla I guess.
Will check out the forum for translation help.

Best regards,
tobiyogi

Hi, thank you for your comments. "Small buildings" at the start are there because that way the game is more balanced and anyway you need something to build when the game starts. About revolutions, you can tweak the revolution level under BUG options. Believe me, after years of playing I still find it's too easy to defeat almost any revolt. About maps, that probably depend on the mapscript you're using. There are some mapscripts which enables you to choose the level of resources you wish on the map. Again, the game is well balanced although some mapscript might not be. That's more an issue with mapscripts which have been imported/adapted as they haven't been changed since ages in this mod.
About translation, I think you're free to join the translation group on transifex. Translations are seldom updated but any help is welcome.

Hi there, thanks for your answers. I have in the meantime found some interesting maps, that provide enough ressources. But, I don't find the revolutional slider in the bug mod options though I went through all of them. Under which tab do I find it?

Sorry, i got it. It must be "revolution difficulty". the default setting was 2,5, but I still had some troubles with early revolutions when expanding too fast (on monarch). does "zero" mean there are no rev's at all?

Sorry, i got it. It must be "revolution difficulty". the default setting was 2,5, but I still had some troubles with early revolutions when expanding too fast (on monarch). does "zero" mean there are no rev's at all?

No, it's just scaled down. 2.5 is default. Also, if you expand fast you will have troubles for sure. Game is designed for this.

Hi 45 38 something :)
I felt like translating some stuff into german, beginning with religion. Do I have to do anything else than just clicking on save changes? Wanna make sure that it doesn't get lost.

Top Bottom