Space Victory gets respect

OKScientist

Chieftain
OK, I just finished a game on warlord difficulty (well, it was a learning curve game!), won a 1860 space race victory, but it gave me a normalized score of ~37'000 and August Ceasar's ability!

Now, IIRC, there was no way in vanilla that I would get an "August Ceasar's" when my space win was that late (athough I could remember wrong), even on higher levels. In the aforementioned game, I didn't have much land either (20+%).

So what happened? Did Firaxis change the score algorithm, so that domination victories are not the only ones that get high scores any more? If so, that's great, because peaceful gaming gets its due!

But please, let me know your experience with this.

space race in the 1800s is pretty good to me, I've gotten very high scores winning similar in the 1950s. I think the difficulty level affects how high the finishing score is. your game was only warlord level, but you finished pretty early.

That doesn't sound unusual even for warlords. My fastest space time was 1802 with a score in the 50k area. That was on Monarch, but I didn't think level made a big difference to the score. My Monarch scores usually beat my Emperor scores.

I think in your case it was just a good finish time contributing to the score, not a change in the scoring.

I had a 1790 space race win playing Warlords on monarch level, and only had a normalised score of 19,490. Sounds like there has been a welcome change.

In terms of in-game score, I had 4'747 points, 2'000 of which were from techs (completed the tech tree + 1 future tech), and only 600 were from land. So I get the feeling that techs give more points now, and that the normalization gives more credit to other-than-domination victories now (in comparison to what it did before).

It's only my feeling though.

Top Bottom