Space

BJ Joey

Chieftain
I think that I was a little naive. I started a game and am/was trying to get through it as fast as possible, to see the space era of the mod, as I had heard about it and seen it and it seemed awesome. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I cannot build a satélite ir any space related units even with the techs. Apparently I need a specific Space Map... Not sure what/which this is.

Any ideas?

I think that I was a little naive. I started a game and am/was trying to get through it as fast as possible, to see the space era of the mod, as I had heard about it and seen it and it seemed awesome. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I cannot build a satélite ir any space related units even with the techs. Apparently I need a specific Space Map... Not sure what/which this is.

Any ideas?
You need custom scenario - any with name of Space Map will work

Specifically, try the Duel Size map - it's gonna be the fastest turn time and still has everything you'll need even for late game.
Though you'll still have to micro-manage some 50 cities, almost inevitably.

So, using a map like this will still start me off on earth and then will allow space exploration?

So, using a map like this will still start me off on earth and then will allow space exploration?
Go for Duel World at first - it's the smallest (duh) map, but it still has enough landmass AND a huge ton of space (at least 4x landmass, lol), for you to explore.

Problem with these custom scenario maps is that you don't get to customise the game very much. Like you can't choose to have Realistic Culture Spread or choose to block animals from entering your borders.

Is there a way of having access to all of these customizable options AND have access to space/the moon/mars etc?

Is there a way of having access to all of these customizable options AND have access to space/the moon/mars etc?
You can switch options in WorldBuilder (red fist icon), not all are guaranteed to function, though.

Top Bottom