Spaceship and movie question

HELP! I can't see my spaceship when I build a SS component! Is this a reported issue? Haven't seen anything on it.

I did turn off the movie option in the AVP file when I first installed the game, as my cpu kept crashing to the desktop every time a wonder was completed. Someone mentioned turning off the movies, and the game has played fine ever since.

But this current game is my first attempt at a SS victory. Does the movie file have anything to do with seeing your partially built SS?

Thanks for any assistance! :king:

Noting happens until the spaceship is built.
If you want to see your progress go to the victory conditions icon and the press spaceship

yeah, that's what I mean, I can't see ANY of my SS on that victory conditions screen.

I was wondering if turning the movies off has anything to do with it or not. Or is there an issue with seeing your SS as it's being built?

Yeah, I've had that "problem" too. I assume that it's because the movie are turned off but it's probably yet another bug. At least you don't have to build a lounge area on the spaceship like in CivIII. If you're in cryo-freeze for most of the trip, why would you need a state-of-the-art crew lounge. Watch the movie "Alien". They had a dining area, small sleeping quarters and that's it. :scan:

You only see an improvement on the 'drawing' of your ship when you have finished building all the parts of one type, e.g. SS casing.

You then get an addition to the drawing.

You should see the numbers of parts you have built on the Victory conditions screen, together with those of your nearest rival for comparison. As for the visualisation of this, on the drawing, it is very subtle - you need to look closely and mouse over all the bits to confirm they are there. As the previous poster said, you will only see a particular section when you have built all the parts for it.

As for the movie, you're not missing much - I had my first space win a couple of days ago and eagerly looked forward to the movie 'reward'. It's not much to write home about, the CIV3 one was much better IMO. :sad:

I don't know whether you have a bug or not, with movies turned off, I'm just stating what you should be seeing. Hope it helps, anyway.

Thanks for your information! :thumbsup:

I'll definitely check the SS status screen after I finish with one kind of part. I thought it would update each individual piece as I built them.

I see no Spaceship assembling either after you build the parts in your cities..,,only numerical updates in Victory Screen..
Thats pretty under-whelmong :sad:

Top Bottom