Spanish translation

Complete files are easiest for me to merge at this point since I don't have a complete development environment setup here yet.

LM, as maintainer of the BUG SVN repository, all photos of lady parts should be submitted to me via email. Videos are acceptable, too. ;)
Be careful what you wish for, my friend. ;)

Complete files are easiest for me to merge at this point since I don't have a complete development environment setup here yet.

Ok :)

I have noticed an issue while playtesting my translation. While we were starting a multiplayer game, "TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_28" appeared instead of a hint. I have checked my version of BUGHints_CIV4GameText.xml and hints only go until "TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_22".

Ok :)

I have noticed an issue while playtesting my translation. While we were starting a multiplayer game, "TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_28" appeared instead of a hint. I have checked my version of BUGHints_CIV4GameText.xml and hints only go until "TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_22".
It sounds like you have mixed the files from BUG and BAT together. If you're working with BUG and BULL, you can only work with those two mods. BAT is an entirely separate mod. Its' XML, DLL, and Python code are different than the normal BUG and BULL, and don't co-exist happily.

I suspect that the single player crash you reported in the bug thread was probably due to the DLL or Python generating a female unit without the necessary code to support it. That will definitely cause a crash (It's happened to me during development). I'm thinking that is probably the reason for the random crash. BAT 3.0.1 has been out for about 6 months or so, and aside from the audio related CTD, there have been no other reports of random crashes while in game.

Btw, "TXT_KEY_BUG_HINT_28" is a BAT hint, which is why it didn't show up properly in your game. Your XML is messed up somehow. ;)

Strange, I must have messed up my XML backups too :)

No problem as long as it is an issue at my side. I have finished playtesting the BUG and BULL translation, so I guess that I'll reinstall BAT to get the "clean" files and I'll check them and add the missing stuff to my BAT translation. If I find a BUG/BULL file that has additional strings in BAT, I'll merge my BUG/BULL translation and translate the additional strings.

Nice to know that BAT is almost crash free. Is a new release of BUG, BULL or BAT due soon?. Before that happens I plan to check the dll code a bit to see if I can improve performance :)

Attachments

• BUG.rar
    502.6 KB · Views: 82
  • BULL.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 77
The only changes between BUG / BULL strings and BAT strings (besides the additional files mentioned earlier) are some additional hints and capitalization of some event names. IMO the capitalization should be merged into BUG / BULL, as it looks nicer with it and it does not seem like something BAT specific to me. Since I don't want to merge twice, I'll update the BAT translation with the additional hints once that the BUG/BULL translation is merged into BAT.

Ok, that would be fine. I'm currently working on BAT 4, but I don't know when I'll be finished.

If you're going to try debugging the DLL to improve it, you may want to give the BAT DLL a miss for now. There are a great deal of changes to the SDK, and I'm going to try to keep it compatible with Better BAT AI to lessen the inevitable upgrade of that mod.

I also adamantly refuse to release the new source code until I have at least a testable, stable DLL that supports all of the changes. In fact, it's such a radical departure from BULL, I think one could just say that BULL is inside it, or that it includes BULL elements. I'm probably going to name it something, or give it an acronym to differentiate it from vanilla BULL. There seems to be a whole lot of confusion regarding the BAT DLL, so...

I also adamantly refuse to release the new source code until I have at least a testable, stable DLL that supports all of the changes.

I see... I'll look into something else to do then.

I'm probably going to name it something, or give it an acronym to differentiate it from vanilla BULL.

That makes sense. Before this conversation, I wasn't even aware that it used a different DLL than BULL.

I see... I'll look into something else to do then.
I'm not trying to be a big meanie. It's just that I like to have my ducks in a row when I release things. There has also been so much confusion that I'm leery of having unfinished source code in the wild.

Heck, then even I'll get mixed up. :lol:

Don't worry, I can understand your point of view. I just want a way to look into those crashes. I have noticed that Better BAT AI includes the source, so I will use that until a new version of BAT comes :)

I'm also thinking on a small modcomp that should make debugging crashes easier, I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10938422#post10938422

Top Bottom