• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Speeding up wonders

No, as you probably found out the hard way because you ask.
Also, changing production to something ordinary, then disband a unit/clear a forest/pay, and then change back will not work. Wonders are grayed out in the list of things you can build as soon as the production box contains any of those "quick" shields.
Wonders can only be rushed by a leader.

There's really only two tricks left to wonders. One, if you know it's going to be a race, prebuild a palace and then switch over to the wonder as soon as you get the teck. Two, take them over.

Has anyone else noticed that if you are building a wonder and a worker clears a forest tile beside that city it stops you from changing to a different wonder? It happened to me a few times because of automated workers that I wasn't watching. I play PTWv1.21.

Yep. Same idea. You can stop that sort of thing by using 'a' or 'shift-a' instead of 'i'/'shift-i', by the way. You just need to keep a few workers on manual for forest chops.

Renata

You can also "speed up" wonders by building workers into the city (especially foriegn - just becareful that it's not one you're at war with). A size 3 city might build the Sistine Chapel in 60 turns. Take it to size 12, and it could very well be 15.

Top Bottom