Spies not leveling up during counter-intelligence?

Borgholio

Chieftain
Just installed the CPP by itself (not the whole Vox mod), and I've noticed that spies don't seem to be leveling up. I was playing a test game on Settler difficulty just to get a feel for the differences between CPP and vanilla Civ 5, when I noticed that counter-espionage didn't seem to be working. I had a spy in my capitol, but literally almost every turn I would get a notifications that a tech had been stolen. Some turns it would be several techs at the same time. Not once did any of the enemy spies get caught or killed, and not once did my spy level up. When I got a second spy and swapped them out, same thing happened. Now I know in vanilla that can take a few attempts before a counter-spy will level up, but in my playthrough with CPP it didn't seem to happen at all. Is there a known issue with spying or does it just work differently and I'm missing something? I can attach a saved game if that would help. Thanks!

Vanilla is purely random. There's no guarantee your spies will level up at all.

Vanilla is purely random. There's no guarantee your spies will level up at all.
True, but it just seems way off compared to Vanilla Civ 5. I've never had such a run of bad luck even at higher difficulty levels. I'll test a little more and file a bug report if nothing changes.

You're right, it seems that some parts of the VP logic are used in Community Patch as well, causing the chances to catch spies to be incorrect. Will be fixed. As already said by Recursive, in general bug reports should be on github, and it can also be reported there if random events seem to have incorrect probabilities.

Top Bottom