1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 9, 2018.

1. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

JSON is very usefull when you want to exploit the data in an automated setting of some kind as it is a standard. Yet if I understand right , it's only the timeline with the era score right ? I don't really see any use of this for a mass data processing algorithm of any kind :)

2. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Oh sweet! I am going to use Khevsurs all the time now!

Just kidding, even with the buffs, they are not worth building.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  3. Weraptor

Weraptor King

At least there is a little reason to build them over knights now.

4. Bitterman

Bitterman Warlord

The new Joint War mechanic is far better but needs a litle bit of polish. In the game I've played other AI's (even those who didn't like me at all) were so easy to convince to join war with me. Like I suddenly had 3 AI's by my side for maybe 400 gold or so. I think it should be way more expensive.

Regarding difficulty I had an unexpected surprise DOW by Korea. For the first time they seemed to be hiding their catapults behind pikes and horses. Good one there. I have yet to test it further though.

5. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Well, joining your war against someone isn't really about liking or disliking you. It's about willingness to go to war against the target :D

nzcamel likes this.
  6. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

On my second game now, neighboring AI Poland just wiped out AI Scotland using lots of horseman while I was busy wiping off Chandragupta. I never knew Poland can that aggressive.

Poland scared the sh** out of my Cree civ.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yeah, but you need to use a Medea player.

8. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

The change to number of envoys you get for liberating a city state is way way overdue and much appreciated.

nzcamel, tzu and acluewithout like this.
  9. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Just don't use winamp, that would be Hera, see.

*drumroll*

tedhebert and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  10. Rosty K

Rosty K King

There's now Colchis in the game, so that's a start :D

11. Janskey

Janskey Prince

At least the AI benchmark times got lower on my system. I'm only about halfway through an actual game since the patch, but I'm not seeing any performance issues.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  12. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

oO missed this one , it is a major change since I used to rely heavily on a couple of allied civ trade routes , now I can be a full bastard again and get on with internal trade ;) (I'll miss the science though)

13. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I'm actually finding the endgame remarkably speedy since the patch, even with a bunch of cities.

I also think the AI is noticeably more sensible than it used to be, but it's still (obviously) not going to win any prizes.

14. regeneration64

regeneration64 Warlord

What do you now get please? I may have missed this in the patch notes and not liberated any City States since the patch was released.

15. Eva-kun

Eva-kun Chieftain

Depends on when you liberated them. Greece got six envoy when she liberated during industrial or modern era in my game. Don't exactly remember what era it was.

16. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

I have noticed this, yes... but not on all turns, and not bad enough to be annoying, so it's all good still...only around turn 150 of my 1st post patch game tough...

In the game I'm playing, emperor germany huge map, I started close (but not too close) to brasil, and he very early in the game showed up with 6 warriors and 2 slingers, but he decided to go after a CS instead of me, and couldn't handle the very hilly surroundings of the CS well enough to take it, so he got his *ss handed to him, and it allowed me to just cruise to his cities and pluck them out...

So... was nice to see the AI build up and interesting force, that I,m not totally sure I would have survived against, but a little disapointing to see it's attack be unsuccesful, and failing to defend properly afterwards

17. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

On Deity the AI is much better at recovering from a failed attack now, at least in early game. Actually, they often succeed with their attack. Surviving is pretty rough. You often get surrounded by barbs and AI around turn 20-30 xD

Tiger Genocide and tedhebert like this.
  18. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I got nine when liberating Stockholm when I was in the atomic age.

19. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I got 6 when I was modern and the game era was medieval, I want to say. Definitely feels like a solid enough bonus that you're not worried about someone else stealing it immediately.

20. regeneration64

regeneration64 Warlord

Interesting. So it appears that depending on what era you are in we are getting 3, 6 or 9 envoys from liberating.

I've just got 9 from being in information era (tech) but modern era (game).

Im guessing that the number of envoys is based on the tech/civic era and is as follows:

Ancient/classical/medieval - 3
    Renaissance/industrial/modern - 6
    Atomic/information - 9