Spring Patch notes

Korea on turn 72 now has a knight.... Shaka is north of her. Yeah.... this game is gonna be a good one... might need to delay my war plans a little bit, or rather accelerate it. I would not be surprised if I end up not finishing as a domination victory because I have to try and science out, culture out, and turtle a bit. Korea has 64 science per turn, so their nerf was not strong enough. I probably have to take her out completely or the game will get worse. Might need to try and get Gilgabro to hate her so we can joint war her non stop until she is gone.

Lost my first game, on emperor... Continents with high sea level. I (Japan) was stuck in a corner on a landmass with unfriendly Zulus and Germans nearby. I could deal with them but in the mean time Alexander totally conquered a second landmass (vs Brasil and Spain) and snowballed heavily in both science and culture and he eventually won a cultural victory.
Had some interesting fights with the Zulus (not a single Impi though) with combined land and naval units. Frankly he should have beaten me but he didn't focus on one city and eventually I sunk his frigates one by one. Fred and Shaka kept me on the defensive though, which made it hard to develop my cities properly. Was an interesting game.

The join a war already in progress can be exploited easily. I found myself paying one neighbour to join me just to make peace with a really good profit and continue to cycle. Maybe it should be changed to if you have someone join the war HAS to continue another ten turn?

Anybody know if emergencies still give you permission to conquer the target's entire empire without a single warmonger penalty?

I don't think it's a bug. They mention this specifically in the patch notes, something like "Governor appointment is not turn blocking anymore"... I also lost a few turns of governors because I missed the notification, so it will take getting used to, that's all...

Did they block next turn? I thought you could just click it to acknowledge, and then click them away, like envoys. Now there is no reminder. Another mental note to make.

The join a war already in progress can be exploited easily. I found myself paying one neighbour to join me just to make peace with a really good profit and continue to cycle. Maybe it should be changed to if you have someone join the war HAS to continue another ten turn?

Seems like a reasonable thing to enforce. Bringing someone into a joint war "resets" the timer.

I really like the new joint war mechanic. On Deity, America declared war on me early with that nasty +5 combat bonus but Gorgo was kind enough to join the war for 1 gold per turn a few turns later. I still needed 4 archers and 3 warriors in a very defensible location though. Had to delay my other plans quite a bit. A counter attack was impossible because he sent a second wave with heavy chariots. So peace it was.

I continued with my original plan to try the new Samurai. During all this mess, I managed to get the only religion on my continent so I knew what I had to do. Pick the Crusader belief and convert all american cities :lol:. Samurai + Crusader + Battering Ram = One-shot city walls. Felt like proper punishment for his early crimes ^^. Of course Gorgo was still friends with me and happily joined the war again.

Before that game, I got wiped out a few times. Going for a religion and defending against these new AI tactics is a proper challenge.

Playing as Nubia on king. It's not a great starting location, so my capital is growing slowly, but I get a settler out and I'm about five turns from archery when Robert shows up at my capital with 3 warriors. He had just accepted my delegation a few turns earlier; these warriors must have already been on their way.

I have a slinger and a scout there; the rest of my units are out fighting barbs and exploring.

He declares a surprise war and captures my capital in three turns. First time I've lost my capital in Civ VI, and I've never been anywhere close to losing it on king before.

I could keep playing, as I have my second city, but I wasn't looking for a big challenge this game, so I think I'll reroll a game at prince.

I'm pleased to see this.

In my last game as France. Found a lone Russian Settler. DOW, capture with scout. Tried to move to a safe spot, but got swarmed by 2 warriors and an archer, He took back his settler. 5 turns later, 4 archers, and 4 horsemen and 3 warriors showed at my capital. Then he demands all my gold, a severe gpt, and all my luxuries (both of them, not extras). I agree. 2 turns later he declares a surprise war, and captures my capital in 3 turns, then goes after my other 2 cities. Game over.

In my last game as France. Found a lone Russian Settler. DOW, capture with scout. Tried to move to a safe spot, but got swarmed by 2 warriors and an archer, He took back his settler. 5 turns later, 4 archers, and 4 horsemen and 3 warriors showed at my capital. Then he demands all my gold, a severe gpt, and all my luxuries (both of them, not extras). I agree. 2 turns later he declares a surprise war, and captures my capital in 3 turns, then goes after my other 2 cities. Game over.
What difficulty is this? It seems like the kind of response that taking an unprotected settler deserves. The kind of response the community has been crying out for.
These posts are very exciting for me. About to load up my first game post patch.

Top Bottom