[SQL] Grab data from LocalizedText table

qqqbbb

Prince
When you try to grab data from LocalizedText table you get error "no such table". Is there a workaround?

What do you want to do?

I use this SQL code :
Code:
    'my sting '||(SELECT Text FROM LocalizedText WHERE Language = en_US AND Tag IN (SELECT Name FROM Districts))

Last edited:
You can't mix <UpdateText> and <UpdateDatabase> AFAIK

BaseGameText and LocalizedText are indeed as Gedemon said in their own seperated Database which cannot be accessed from the Databases where <UpdateDatabase> actions are sent.

All you can do from an <UpdateDatabase> action is re-direct which LOC_SOMETHING the game should use for the "Name" field (for example) for a given District, Building, Unit, etc. But you cannot access the contents of what is in LOC_SOMETHING for its Text field.

This question is still open: what do you want to do?

Localization is abstracted to it's own domain by purpose. Also, UpdateText is limited to only allow modifications to LocalizedText, you can't do things like add a new language via mod since the game wants to initialize languages before loading any mods and then appears to lock the other tables in LocalizationDatabase.

For every district I'm adding a new project. And project's name has to include district's name.

Simply add a new Tag for each project. Do you need/want to support mods / DLCs that add new districts? That would be pretty much the only thing that adds complexity depending on how much support you want to have.

Top Bottom