Stalin (Industrious-Deity Series)

Hmm! Quite a long time to lurk and never post. Now I wonder how many other's are doing that.

I pretty much did the same till I recently officially made an account here.

Reading is good!

Read all your threads so far, consider me a fan :)

If your next game is peaceful again could you please add more details on how you go about diplomacy please? It seems, although i'm only a monarch player, that when going cultural this is the key, not actually what wonders to build etc.

Thanks for all your write ups so far :goodjob:

Well my first priority here was Ragnar, being as he's so aggressive. And since he's the closes neighbour. But I pretty much have all the diplo tables memorized, so you kind of know what is going to happen in advance. It was pretty inevitable he was going to war with Washington as long as I didn't do something stupid. So I had no real worries at all here. In fact, my only worry was that Ragnar would get the crap beat out of him (which really did happen), despite I gave him a bunch of stuff to try and keep him alive the whole time, haha.

Anyhow, once your neighbour is vassaled, it's the master you have to worry about, NOT the vassalie. It's the Master that makes all the decisions, though being on good terms with both helps.

I still keep stalling certain techs to make sure I stay out of trouble. I don't really go into all the details every time because those who don't understand this, tend to think I"m a ****** for doing it. But those who do understand... already know why so there is no point in getting into it.

The funny thing about this forum is, there are a lot of players who while struggling on Monarch tend to always feel they know more on how a strategy SHOULD be played, than the next guy on deity. And no matter what you or I say, it's not going to change their opinions. So end of story there... :p

Anyhow, I gave in to a few demands but that reasoning there should be obvious :p

Ohhh, I'll add one tip. I am more in favour of canceling relations with an AI when asked by another. Not only do you get better relations with one of the AIs, but that original AI asking the request ends up getting a negative diplo with the other guy as well. And these do stack.

@ obsolete, Fluxx
Yep, I pretty much was lost reading. Reading is really fun, at least for me. Well, some people watch baseball matches on TV; my equivalent seems to be reading CIV game reports :lol:

I am pretty sure there are more unregistered lurkers than there are registered lurkers or even registered posters. My RL buddies I sometimes play MP-CIV with do it all the time...

And a while ago there were so many comments, I felt what I had to say was already said. Now I had the feeling something was missing, some fandom I guessed, so I provided some :)

I don't really have to say much about the game though. Strategy is really not my strong side in Civ, my micro always saves my ass on Monarch/Emperor. So, I also read these threads to inspire me strategically. :goodjob:

Why I especially like your threads, obsolete, is pretty simple. Come whatever there may come, you sometimes suffer hard, sometimes frustrating drawbacks and still manage to win as a brilliant effort of will, thinking and persistance.

In my preferred world of huge maps, I often come into likewise situations in my respective skill level and I love to find ways out of seemingly desperate situations like isolated Tundra starts, monster AIs vassalizing everything while you are still far away on a distant island, an uncontrolled Joao having settled all the islands there are, Psycho Warrior AIs knocking on your door everytime and how to prepare for them etc... In your threads I find inspiration for a well planned game as well as for a game where something goes wrong.

As one of the most fun things for me is struggling to win, I also think it is a great read to not only read the "perfect" showcase game but something like in your games where you eventually win but sometimes really have a hard time.

Also, one of my problems in Civ 4 was not to finish games when I was really ahead in score, resulting in a really bad endgame or even bad middle game play on my part. So I appreciate your always playing to the end to win.

When I think back to Civ 2 times, Civ is really much better now. In Civ 2, you could always use the same - really simple - strategy to beat deity almost 100% of the time, no contest. It was not even close. Now, it seems more fun. At least from my perspective. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom