Star Gate unit: Asgard Mothership

Thankx for the suggestions :D

I have some questions:
1. Do we need shadows?
2. Should there are explosions at the target of the beams?
3. Should the beams are moving?

Here two shots of the current model

Attachments

• asgardshot2.gif
    asgardshot2.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 372
Ouch.....................................................................................................That looks great. Man i dunno how ur such a good unit maker but Ouch ..................................................................................................... thats nice.

The Asgard attack animations actually look different than what you have currently.

Here is a sample of the Asgard ship in action, to get an idea of what it looks like.

A bit of info on Asgard ships. Since the attack is pure light, there isn't really a shadow. They are also instantanious, so there's no phaser effect like in Star Trek. I would think the beams should be still, but flash on and off, not constant as they are now.

The ship uses neutrino ion engines that cause it to produce a reaction in the atmosphere of most planets' atmospheres to create a darkish cloud that covers its landing area, and if moving provides dark clouds with a bluish energy coming from its engines. In space these clouds don't exist because there is no atmosphere to react with.

Just some comments. By the way, this unit is looking amazing. :love:

It looks GREAT !@#$%^&*()

RoCk On

Im A lItTlE hYpEr As U pRoBlY gUeSsEd

An incredible unit TheMorpheus! I'm amazed by your excellence! Good luck with this, can't wait for it to be finished!

Brilliant unit Morpheus!

I wouldn't be too worried about getting it absolutely perfect, it's great as it is. :goodjob:

Sorry to burst in on this guys but i'm a hard core Stargate SG1 Fan! :D The Asgard have a wide range of weapons at their disposal. The Beam like weapon you identified DS_CL is used mainly on ground operations due to the Asgards small fradgile boddies. In space combat however they use a bolt like weapon mutch like a Federation Quantum Torpedo but far more powerfull. This was featured in the eposode "Reverlations" when Anubis challanged the Asgard directly by attacking a protected planit. The Asgard responded in force and Thor was dispached to the planit. When Thor Fired at Anubis i expected a beam but several eglant white bolts swiftly propelled from the bow of the Asgard ship into Anubis.

Just putting in my two cents :D

Actually it was the Series Finale for Stargate SG1(And what a good finale it was BTW) I loved the ship battles between the Prometheus and its X-302 fighters and Anubis' fleet, very Star-Wars-estue.

Like I said before, the finale was the very last episode of SG-1, the next Stargate series starts this July with "Stargate Atlantis"

Sword_of_Geddon, i hate to bust your bubble dude, but there IS going to be a season 8 for Stargate SG-1. The Atlantis series is a spin off.

http://www.gateworld.net/index.shtml

That is a link to the best SG-1 site.

Cheers Thorgrimm

Yes mate seson seven has already finished (that was the best season ever! :D) and season eight is on the way! (CANT WATE) Then as Thorgrimm pointed out Atlantis is a spin off will begin some time in the summer (in the UK anyway). :D

so, just when will this thing be relased?

well it said it was supposed to be on Sci-Fi starting Feb.26 but i havnt seen it so i dont know (Im talking about Canada)

Originally posted by Thorgrimm
Sword_of_Geddon, i hate to bust your bubble dude, but there IS going to be a season 8 for Stargate SG-1. The Atlantis series is a spin off.

http://www.gateworld.net/index.shtml

That is a link to the best SG-1 site.

Cheers Thorgrimm

We shall see, we shall see.......

not the new series, the unit is what I'm talking about- when will the unit be released?

Top Bottom