Star Trek: Bridge Commander

CornMaster

Romulan Commander
Retired Moderator
Bridge Commander just went Gold, and the Demo is now out!!

Go to www.bridgecommander.com to download it.

It is sooooooo good.

Basically your the captian of a ship after a distaster that killed the previous captian. You have to save a colony and defend the USS Sovergin from a Romulan attack. With help from the Klingons.

That's just the demo mission. There is also a Quick Battle option where you can battle a combination of ships.

If you get and beat the demo, you should get the extra ships mod. It unlocks 6 federation ships that you can play in a Quick Battle. :)

www.bcfiles.com has that MOD.

Some screens are below. :)

Attachments

• screenshot002.jpg
    screenshot002.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 135
I tried to re-enact the battle of Nerenda III. Where the Ambasador class USS Enterprise-C came to the aid of a Klingon Outpost being attacked by 4 Romulan Warbirds.

I got owned.....twice.

Not an easy battle to win...that's for sure.

I figured out how to play as any demo ship, Warbird, Bird or Prey or Galaxy. Going to take a Bird of prey...and destroy some shuttles. :)

Set phasers to miss!

Did I not start a topic about this game a couple of days ago? Ah what can I do

Yeah I agree that this game looks great. The demo is far to big to download (my internet connection isn't the most reliable) so I'll just wait for the release.
I've been following the develpopment for this game for about a year now waiting for its released. I really want to get it (I have to get my preorder in soon.) In the Demo can you see the Bridge of the Galaxt class and does it look any good.
I really hope that they have devloped the Sovereigns Bridge well

Those screen shots look mighty cool. I will have that game. I can't wait to take control of a sovereign. And one more question. Can you use the cloak in quick battle. (When you choose a WarBird or BoP.) if so is any good

Yeah....the BoP and Warbird can both cloak.

It's good...you can't target or anything....and you can't see them...unless they are venting plasma or something...then you can choose manual fire mode and fire yourself.

"Computer lock not working captian."
"Best Guess Mr. Sulu."
-ST2 Wrath of Khan

If you fly to close to the sun...it does damage to the shields, and ship.

You can target specific sub-systems. Like engines, shields, impulse engines, bridge, torpedoes, etc....

In the full version you have multiplayer battles, as well as voice reconization, to you can give verbal orders to your officers.

Can the ships move on differnt planes. I mean is it like Dominion Wars where the ships couldn't go up or down

Also this game is released here on the 1st of March. I can't wait

It's totally 3D.....X, Y, AND Z planes. :)

The shields reflect this.....with 6 different shields!!

Nothing like flying straight down on a ship and blowing the bridge away. :)

Dominion wars is like that too?? Damn....I thought it was different. Because Starfleet Command 1 and 2 are like that too....as is Armada 1 and 2. :(

I've been waiting a long time for a game like this!!!

Thanks that is good news. I'm trying to download the demo myself but it is 20hrs until it is downloaded completely. They really put a lot of work into this game but I only hope that it is bug free. I really don't want to wait for a patch to be released

I've just got the demo. After three long days of downloading I finally got it. It is damn good. I must have this game. I've already pre ordered it. With any luck I'll have it on thursday. If not it will be Friday. If I am really unlucky it will be Saturday

Cool demo. I'd play the game but I don't know if I will buy it before it hits the bargain bin. Here is me destorying a Romulan ship....I had a friends, but then I didn't know how to setup the game. Poor Romulans, different from BotF.
I crank everything but sensors up to 125%. The battles are over before I waste all the reserve power anyways. :)

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Cool demo. I'd play the game but I don't know if I will buy it before it hits the bargain bin. Here is me destorying a Romulan ship....I had a friends, but then I didn't know how to setup the game. Poor Romulans, different from BotF.
I crank everything but sensors up to 125%. The battles are over before I waste all the reserve power anyways. :)

ONLY 1 Warbird. Pifff....take on 2. :) Took me 4 tries.....but I got them. Oh...I was in a Sovergin. :) Used all my quantums...and about 40 photons!!!

Sheesh, with all the pictures posted it would be faster just to download the demo :D

Is most of the game doing that combat stuff? I really enjoyed the idea of being in 'control' when I first tried it, before I realized I really had no control and everything was already planned out for me. I'd buy the game if I had the choice of doing A.B.C. to try and solve a problem, or had the choice of diplomatic course of action to avoid the fight (like all good Federation officers would try and do :)) Is the game going to be follow the storyline-fight-follow the storyline, or is it a dynamic type game?

Top Bottom