• Yes!! Very Fine Idea

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • I dont care

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • No!! Dont Even Try To Do That

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Glorfinder
Yes!! Long Campaing, but main focus on space battles.
Who is whit me?

I'm with you :D

I think maybe we should start with a scenario that is pretty simple, how about we do something like the Founding of the Federation. There will be a whole bunch of smaller factions, (not barbs but real civs), you play as the Humans or Klingons, and build up your empire. It should probably use just a Wonder victory...

One ?... are we making this with C3C or PTW? I say C3C becuase that's what I have, and the editor is better ;)

I've got a scenario/mod that i'm working on where you play as the Borg and try to assimilate or destroy all the other civs. It's planet based. But the units and Borg government "Hive Mentality" could be adapted to any varity of StarTrek mod.

Anyone care to PM me about how and where to place items for download?

I've been using CivIII vanilla with 1.29f patch. Plan to upgrade to C3C after Christmas.

Originally posted by CaptainCivFreak

I'm with you :D

I think maybe we should start with a scenario that is pretty simple, how about we do something like the Founding of the Federation. There will be a whole bunch of smaller factions, (not barbs but real civs), you play as the Humans or Klingons, and build up your empire. It should probably use just a Wonder victory...

One ?... are we making this with C3C or PTW? I say C3C becuase that's what I have, and the editor is better ;)

C3C for sure, the editor is much better...
About the scens: I think I read somewhere the first space war of humans in space were against the romulans with simple nuclear weapons, it never appeared in any movie, maybe that would be a good scen?

But I think we should start at the beginning, deciding what civs we want (could vary for special scens...) and so on...
I think additional to the standart fctions (UFoP/Humans, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion, Borg) we should add some smaller races, I would like to rule the universe with a trill or bajoran empire ;)

Originally posted by Tzar Sasha
I've got a scenario/mod that i'm working on where you play as the Borg and try to assimilate or destroy all the other civs. It's planet based. But the units and Borg government "Hive Mentality" could be adapted to any varity of StarTrek mod.

Anyone care to PM me about how and where to place items for download?

I've been using CivIII vanilla with 1.29f patch. Plan to upgrade to C3C after Christmas.

Did you do any graphics yet? Units, Buildings, or anything else? If you did, I think it could be useful for the ST MOD.

About Governments, I think no government should adopt conquered civilians...exept for borg hive...adopt rate of 50% ? :D

Originally posted by Kenta'arka

C3C for sure, the editor is much better...
About the scens: I think I read somewhere the first space war of humans in space were against the romulans with simple nuclear weapons, it never appeared in any movie, maybe that would be a good scen?

But I think we should start at the beginning, deciding what civs we want (could vary for special scens...) and so on...
I think additional to the standart fctions (UFoP/Humans, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion, Borg) we should add some smaller races, I would like to rule the universe with a trill or bajoran empire ;)

Our main factions should be: UFoP/Humans, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, the Dominion, the Borg, Bajorans, and perhaps a Delta Quadrant race or two... maybe the Hirogen (if any of you watched Voyager, my favorite series) or the Kazon...

Me and a a friend figured out techs trees for 6 races. As well as units for all these races. A few resources, buildings and wonders. I'd be happy to lend this info to the project. :)

We stopped when we couldn't make seperate tech trees in PTW and the fact that we can't draw. But I'll throw my hat into the ring. Anyone have MSN or ICQ or AIM that I can get in touch with?

Originally posted by CornMaster
Me and a a friend figured out techs trees for 6 races. As well as units for all these races. A few resources, buildings and wonders. I'd be happy to lend this info to the project. :)

We stopped when we couldn't make seperate tech trees in PTW and the fact that we can't draw. But I'll throw my hat into the ring. Anyone have MSN or ICQ or AIM that I can get in touch with?

That could be useful, I got ICQ (number in profile), but I can't recieve files trough it, just put everything in a zip, and attach it

Originally posted by CaptainCivFreak

Our main factions should be: UFoP/Humans, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, the Dominion, the Borg, Bajorans, and perhaps a Delta Quadrant race or two... maybe the Hirogen (if any of you watched Voyager, my favorite series) or the Kazon...

Thats what I said, just I think we could give a few minor races the chances to rule the universe...but that can be discussed...

About Delta Q: Kazon and Hirogen are both good ideas, maybe we can add both...

Best series is still DS9 (Main reason begins with "J" ;) ) but Voy is good too...

Did you do any graphics yet? Units, Buildings, or anything else? If you did, I think it could be useful for the ST MOD.

About Governments, I think no government should adopt conquered civilians...exept for borg hive...adopt rate of 50% ? :D

I'm not that good with graphics, but I've got a Borg Sphere (scaled down image) currently as a water skimming vessel. It could be remade into an air or space vessel. It's currently a little to big and hard to see the attack/defense animations. Haven't been able to destroy one yet to see the death sequence in the game.

I've got a Borg Cube (all orignal art) as an air unit. Haven't gotten far enough in the game to see it at work.

I'm using some laser infantry units from a pack of X-Com units as the drones. With a dark gray or light black civ color they look more like the "tin can" :scan: Cylons from Battlestar Galactica.

I also have modified worker and settler units that have small attack and defense (so they can't be captured but must be killed). However captured workers and settlers can be recaptured or rescued from the collective. (representative of Picard and Seven of Nine) Graphics not modified for these yet.

I do have some sound files for all the units, but they can be modified or changed.

Under Hive Mentality the Borg have a 100% assimilation.
That's because assimilation for Civ III is defined as:
"Assimilation Chance (Government Properties)

Determines the percentage chance, per turn, that a foreign national in city with the selected government type will assimilate into the current nationality of that city. "

Resistance is defined in the inability to capture units that must fight to the death or be victorious.

I'm using for now the cyborg leaderhead that was posted here at civfanactics by embryodead.

I'm not that good with graphics, but I've got a Borg Sphere (scaled down image) currently as a water skimming vessel. It could be remade into an air or space vessel. It's currently a little to big and hard to see the attack/defense animations. Haven't been able to destroy one yet to see the death sequence in the game.

I've got a Borg Cube (all orignal art) as an air unit. Haven't gotten far enough in the game to see it at work.

I would like to take a look, could you attach that to your answer?

I also have modified worker and settler units that have small attack and defense (so they can't be captured but must be killed). However captured workers and settlers can be recaptured or rescued from the collective. (representative of Picard and Seven of Nine) Graphics not modified for these yet.

I think we will need completely new colony & terraform (or something else) ships

Try these links out Kenta'arka. If I did everything right you should get the zip files of my Borg Sphere and my Borg Cube.

Borg_Cube.zip

Borg Sphere.zip

Keep in mind that I did the cube from scratch and it was my first one. I've since figured out how to put in the shadow. And yes there is shadow in space. Look at the opening shots of Voyager and see the shadow cross the rings of the one planet they pass by.

The sphere is better because I just shrunk an actual image, but not far enough cause if fills too much of the square in the game.

Hope you like the sound FX. They are actual fx from ST movies and shows with the exception of the laser/phaser fire...

If you want edit them, that's fine just share your changes with me....

Possible I could help by making star ship unit's, here as simple example of the NCC 1701-A

Attachments

• 1701a.gif
    1701a.gif
    40.4 KB · Views: 665
Originally posted by TheMorpheus
Possible I could help by making star ship unit's, here as simple example of the NCC 1701-A

Great image, Morpheus! We'd love to have your help :D.
Do you have any others?

Originally posted by TheMorpheus

looks fine, we would really like if you can do more...

Try these links out Kenta'arka. If I did everything right you should get the zip files of my Borg Sphere and my Borg Cube.

Borg_Cube.zip

Borg Sphere.zip

not bad, just there is way too much civ-specific color on both of them (the Cube looks like a flying holodeck ;) ), and yes, the sphere is too big, should be much smaller than the cube.
Oh, and the sphre got a weird aura around it...

Prewiev for others:

Attachments

• borg.jpg
    borg.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 635

not bad, just there is way too much civ-specific color on both of them (the Cube looks like a flying holodeck ;) ), and yes, the sphere is too big, should be much smaller than the cube.
Oh, and the sphre got a weird aura around it...

Prewiev for others:

I chose a dark grey color for my Borg civ. So they didn't look too bad. but I see what your saying. The Sphere's civ colors came about on their own when I scaled the image and applied it to a preexisting civ unit pallete.

I can try to make it smaller. Already made it smaller from my first attempt at it. It'll take a while to do. I'll repost when I got'em fixed.

I have two questions about my first try of the NCC 1701-A Starship unit.
  1. Is the size ok?
  2. Is the Civ-Color at the disc-segement ok?
    [/list=1]

Yes CaptainCivFreak I have other models, Federation, Romulan, Klingon, Borg and many more :rolleyes:
    If you need a 3D model, I could look in my archive and send it to you. ;)

Attachments

• 1701a_death.gif
    1701a_death.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 740
Top Bottom