Does The World Need A Star Trek Mod?

• Yes!! Very Fine Idea

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • I dont care

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • No!! Dont Even Try To Do That

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
Great job! Umm... I just have one question: how long did that take. I would have been working on it for months, just trying to figure out the animation :o

the ditl.org webpage is pretty poor on some things. It makes Romulan Warbirds look poor. Old Romulan warbirds (From the episode The Nuetral Zone) are equal to a Soveriegn.

After reading this thread and the other opne, i threw together a quicjk galaxy map, its far from incompltete, and only has a few alpha quadrant powers. so fra ive set terrain space for:

Alpha Quadrant:

Federation
Bajor
Trill
Ferengi
Cardassion
Tholian
Breen
Gorn
Tzenkethi

Beta Quadrant

Klingon
Romulan

Delta Quadrant:

Kazon
Vidiian
Malon
Borg
Krenim
Hirogen
8472?

Gamma Quadrant

Dominion
Karemma

Ive placed them roughly where they shud be in the galaxy(and roughly how big i tihnk they are), there is also 2 lines of mountains with railroad for the bajoran and barzan wormholes at the moment.

Like i said, its very rough and far from complete.

Attachments

• st-galaxy.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 111
Originally posted by CaptainCivFreak
Great job! Umm... I just have one question: how long did that take. I would have been working on it for months, just trying to figure out the animation :o

It only took me about ten minutes to change the phaser fire. I simply adjusted the pallete entries for the phaser fire and resaved the palletes and the image. Closed flicster. Reopened flicster with the correct fxm file, new pallete was automatically read and included, then export to the flc file.

Now that I've learned how to modify the pallete to the colors I want. I maybe able to work on more non-humanoid units. :borg:

Here's a preview with green phaser fire. Zip with the flc a few posts up.

Attachments

• medcubeattackgreen.gif
    medcubeattackgreen.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 349
Romulans and Klingons are in the Beta Q.

Simply put: Earth is on the border of the AQ and BQ, turn left and you'll find Cardassia, Bajor and stuff. Turn right and you'll have Romulus and Qo'noS :)

Originally posted by ieatfish
After reading this thread and the other opne, i threw together a quicjk galaxy map, its far from incompltete, and only has a few alpha quadrant powers. so fra ive set terrain space for:

Alpha Quadrant:

Federation
Bajor
Trill
Ferengi
Cardassion
Tholian
Breen
Gorn
Tzenkethi

Beta Quadrant

Klingon
Romulan

Delta Quadrant:

Kazon
Vidiian
Malon
Borg
Krenim
Hirogen
8472?

Gamma Quadrant

Dominion
Karemma

Ive placed them roughly where they shud be in the galaxy(and roughly how big i tihnk they are), there is also 2 lines of mountains with railroad for the bajoran and barzan wormholes at the moment.

Like i said, its very rough and far from complete.

FYI, Species 8472 doesn't live in the known galaxy. They live in fluidic space, somewhere in another galaxy or universe I didn't really understand that whole thing.

Originally posted by Glorfinder
btw. can someone take list from everyone who want to help?

No problem, ppl helping atm:

Glorfinder ( Obviously ;) )
Tzar Sasha
CaptainCivFreak
TheMorpheus
Me ;)

Hmm...what are we gonna do with nuclear weapons? remove them completely, or does anyone know something to take the place of nuclear bombs? All that comes to my mind are subspace weapons, but those won't cause pollution...:confused:

Same for Starship...I think we need something to replace that victory condition. I had following idea: Future technologies make it possible to create artificial wormholes, but you need a big "cannon" to do so...something that looks like the weapon ship in ST Voyager Elite Force (if someone knows what I mean...).

Originally posted by Kenta'arka
Hmm...what are we gonna do with nuclear weapons? remove them completely, or does anyone know something to take the place of nuclear bombs? All that comes to my mind are subspace weapons, but those won't cause pollution...:confused:

How about that Omega thing fom Voyager? Where there was a very unstable particle that if harnessed properly could double engine performance. If not properly handled then the fabric of space was damaged to the point of not being able to make a stable warp field. Not sure how it would be implemented though...

Same for Starship...I think we need something to replace that victory condition. I had following idea: Future technologies make it possible to create artificial wormholes, but you need a big "cannon" to do so...something that looks like the weapon ship in ST Voyager Elite Force (if someone knows what I mean...).

How about creating a special space ship that would be capable of reaching another galaxy like Andromeda? I know the Borg would take that as an oportunity for further assimilation in their quest for perfection. :borg:
However, wormholes are good too.

On the map, how is the Barzaan wormhole going to be done? I mean it was stable at Barzaan, but had unstable ends in the Delta and Gamma quadrants. Then those two ferengi messed with Voyager and totaly randomized all three ends. I'm not sure how that would be done...

Originally posted by Tzar Sasha

How about that Omega thing fom Voyager? Where there was a very unstable particle that if harnessed properly could double engine performance. If not properly handled then the fabric of space was damaged to the point of not being able to make a stable warp field. Not sure how it would be implemented though...
Hmm, Omega...yeah sounds like a nice idea...pollution maybe changed space terrain to a space that needs 5 or 6 movement points, and can't be cleaned... :)

How about creating a special space ship that would be capable of reaching another galaxy like Andromeda? I know the Borg would take that as an oportunity for further assimilation in their quest for perfection. :borg:
However, wormholes are good too.

Reaching another galaxy was the idea behind the "wormhole-generator", both versions are good...let's see what others say...

On the map, how is the Barzaan wormhole going to be done? I mean it was stable at Barzaan, but had unstable ends in the Delta and Gamma quadrants. Then those two ferengi messed with Voyager and totaly randomized all three ends. I'm not sure how that would be done...

I fear we have to leave wormholes out, there is no way to implement a wormhole in a satifying way... using railroads would allow to travel very fast from every point on the wormhole, not just at the two ends. surrounding it with an unpassable terrain would create a big barrier on the map... I can't think of any other way....

Originally posted by ieatfish
could nuclear bombs become trilithium or genesis devices?

I think trilithium wouldn't cause pollution too...not sure...

genesis device...hmm, creative idea, unfortunately it would have to change the terrain immediatly (planets, and no effect on space) that won't work...
I have to say I like Tzar's Omega Idea more...

i forgot about the omega device which is a better idea. the idea witht eh genesis device was that in the film it ultimately destroyed the planet, i suppose a modified version would blow it up instantly. but like u siad it has no effect on space

with wormholes, ive made oceans with 0 movement cost, sea impassable and coast regualr space. ive done this ina quick map i designed. so far it seems to have worked reasonably well. however the wormhole does interfer with territories a little

Top Bottom