• Yes!! Very Fine Idea

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • I dont care

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • No!! Dont Even Try To Do That

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
Kenta´arka,
I had to reinstall my PCs system and had several other things to do, including for preparing for my first exam next year. I will do the Oberth class, but this will last a bit longer than I thought. I´m sorry.

Adler

Just wondering... Are enemy cities supposed to switch so quickly to propaganda? Whenever one of the enemies founds a new colony I can usually capture it quit easily using propaganda. Saves a couple of wars of course... :D

Isn't it a good idea to build a Phoenix unit for the Federation? It could serve as an early scout...

Kenta'arka said:
What kind of trade?
So far I can trade world maps at any time. I can trade techs. I get a better deal if they ask me and I adjust it to my liking. At this point I don't have the ability to ask for ROP or military alliance. Don't know if those would come into play later. I think those are the options you don't get when you have diplomats and spys turned off. Perhaps luxuries/resources can't be traded, but like I said I haven't gotten very far.

Of course, I've noticed in other games that if one civ has to abilty to trade maps and I don't. I can trade maps with them, but with no one else.

I kinda wish there was a way to "sacrafice" drones when trading for tech. That way, it may seem diplomatic. But it really would be considered as a small scale assimilation for tech. The lose in drones would be considered as those drones killed in the assimilation attempt. However, I don't think civ III allows for anything like that.

It has been awhile since I last played the previous version that I have forgotten what changes were made to the trade/diplomat status of the Borg. Perhaps everything is how it is supposed to work and i just don't remember it.... :)

Flamand said:
Just wondering... Are enemy cities supposed to switch so quickly to propaganda? Whenever one of the enemies founds a new colony I can usually capture it quit easily using propaganda. Saves a couple of wars of course... :D

Isn't it a good idea to build a Phoenix unit for the Federation? It could serve as an early scout...

Phoenix unit?

@TzarTasha: I don't know how I could prevent just the Borg from trading Maps and Techs. They will never be able to trade luxuries, because they can't use them. Military alliances, Defence Pact, etc come with Alien Cultures which isn't available for Borg, but possible it works like Map trade, just one party needs it...

Kenta'arka said:
Phoenix unit?

Oh sorry... :) I mean the very first Earth warp ship, which was no more than an upgraded ICBM...

It was only a rocket with a warp drive. It was capable perhaps for short range (planetary) scouting in the Sol system, but not more. It would be like trying to use a small boat on the Atlantic to arrive in North America. No, it is too unrealistic to use this unit as early scout.

Adler

Too bad... :( but I can get your point... Maybe as a wonder then? (I'm not giving up just yet... :D) But I guess you already have enough of those...

Just feel that the Phoenix deserves a place somewhere...

Just finished my first complete game of all the various beta versions we have had.

I played as the Borg at Ensign level.

Here are some things that I saw.
1. The Romulans had an invisible pirate type ground unit. (Kenta'arka is gonna fix that)
2. The Federation was the only other race that even remotely tried to play the game.
3. The Borg can't establish embassies or use spies (they don't anyway) So the Dominion was the only race who desired to establish an embassy in my home planet.
4. The only AI cities that were developed (terrain 'roads' etc...) were cities that where given a worker at the start or connected to a city with a worker.
5. It takes a long time to get a biosphere built. Due to it's resource requirement a trade network has to be built first. Most AI cities did not grow past level 1.
6. Those cities that were larger had been built beside "rivers" or "lakes".

I'll add more as I remember them......

BTW I had a histographic win with 65% area and almost 80% population.
Too bad I wasn't quick enough for the domination....

I would like to join jour making of the mod and I sent a mail to Kenta'arka and got no response

Aralanis said:
I would like to join jour making of the mod and I sent a mail to Kenta'arka and got no response
I'm sure that Kenta'arka is busy with other matters at the moment. I know this is a back burner project for some of us.....

Can you post what areas of the mod you are interested in helping with?
Once we know what your interests are, we may be able to send some work your way.

Have you tried the most recent beta test version? If not, I suggest that you do. It will help you to find out how far we've gone and what else we've got to do.

For the most part right now, we can certainly use feedback on general gameplay of the current beta version....

I am a Star Trek fan and I know a lot of about Trek ships and so on, i tried some version about a month ago, but I expected that it will start in 24 century so i didnt play it a lot. I tryed some modeling in open fx but I am not good at modeling. And my mail is i gor.t@blic.net

Hey Aralanis!
Sorry for not replying to your mail, but I didn't got it. I found it in spam filter now, seems it was considered as spam bacuse you didn't put a subject on it.

Oh, and the Mod starts about ENT era, about 22nd centrury.

So contact me then and could you make a scenario that starts with planets ships and all that in 24 century

I have been playing this mod for like 10 times now. I like it very much, but I still have a number of remarks:

Playing as the Borg:

1. As has been said before there is no real opposition by anyone except the UFP.
2. Playing as the Borg is very easy. I nearly managed to win one game at Gene level, which is far above my usual Civ skills…
3. Relatively little variety in the Borg units

Playing as anyone else:

As soon as you have a little bit of culture it is extremely easy to make colonies switch sides using propaganda. This way a large empire can be made in now time and the others are frustrated because they keep losing their new colonies… :D It doesn’t work when you try it on the Borg though.

In general the game goes very well, except for the strange role of the three minor races. They tend to make a lot of alliances and mutual protection pacts, so the first war that breaks out usually results in a complete war all over the quadrant…

As for the expansion of the different empires there are some that are more ambitious than the others:
* The Cardassians usually limit themselves to two colonies to the northeast; only once they had three more in the northwest.
* The Dominion only looks to the west for expansion. Only much later they think about going north.
* The Klingons go north and west, but nearly always forget one lonely system in the south
* The Romulans only go east and west, never south due to the nebula there.
* The UFP and the Borg go in all directions and expand well

It would really be interesting to see what these civ’s would do on a different map. So anyone feel like making one? :)

Finally, there seems to something wrong with the sound files of a number of Cardassian and Dominion units.

Top Bottom