Does The World Need A Star Trek Mod?

• Yes!! Very Fine Idea

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • I dont care

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • No!! Dont Even Try To Do That

Votes: 13 5.0%

• Total voters
I think i could live with that bug, because i usually replay some turns from time to time, so reloading save once in ten turns wouldn't be a problem :crazyeye:

Ok, the bug I was talking about is gone. There appears to be a limit in the number of contacts all civs can have with each other. Now the game seems to be working as it should :D
But I am still tweaking on the interface and the sounds (I got a bit annoyed of hearing wolves in space :) ). To give you an idea what it should look like when I'm finished I attached a screenshot... :cool:

Hey, nice to see someone still is interested in this mod, even it never got completed, it needed a hell load of work to get that far. :)

I found it so sad that the mod was not entirely completed for so long. So Idecided to finished myself... Is anyone still willing to make Ferengi or Bajoran ships? I would do it myself if I could...

I think I got the 3D Mesh for Ferengi Marauder and Bajoran Sailing Ship still, but I didn't got the time anymore to create unit anymations

Great!! :) if some day you have the time to complete them, I'll be happy to include them...

That chance is about 0.0000000001% ;)
About End of this year Civ4 will be realeased, and it won't use .flc (at least, thats what I heard) so I won't create any more unit animations. Additional I'm not unemployed anymore, so I didn't got that much time to spend.
If someone else wants to create unit anims, just pm me, I'll send you the mesh if you want...

I got a bit annoyed of hearing wolves in space
Those are spacewolfs, u silly :lol:

Maybe I should include an alien wolf unit as a barbarian than... :D

Flamand, I love what you have done for this mod so far. But I have a question for you, have you added the Tholians and Gorn to the mod?

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Thanks Vadus and Thorgrimm... :)

I'm not only working on the city screen, but on all of them: diplomacy, advisors etc... Still got some work there, perhaps a couple of weeks...
And yes bth the Tholians and the Gorn will be there as well as many others (31 in total). But unfortunately I don't have enough ship animations to give each civ his own typical units... I've been browsing civfanatics to find suitable ones, but I suppose Star Wars ships would looks a bit too weird...

Hmmmm... maybe an idea: Star Trek vs. Star Wars... :D:D:D

Adler17 said:
Kenta´arka, I have now no time to do the Oberth class ship I wanted to do. But I wanted to do perhaps some units for civ 4. Do you know what kind of file system they use?

Adler

No I don't know what Civ4 will require, I guess we'll have to wait until it's released

Flamand Glad to hear they will be in. :goodjob: How are you going to represent the Tholian web? Use the barricades and forts?

I'm not sure how to fit it in... forts are available to all civs, not just the Tholians. Maybe a bonus resource? I'm using those to give some extra flavor...

Vadus, do you have any plans to finish the nebula terrain?

Flamand said:
I'm not sure how to fit it in... forts are available to all civs, not just the Tholians. Maybe a bonus resource? I'm using those to give some extra flavor...

Flamand, yes forts are available to all, but remember Barricades are the advanced fort. Just make a tech that provides barricades and call it Tholian Web, and make one of the reqs a Tholian only tech. Bam you now have only the Tholians able to make barricades, which stop movement, and increase the defenses of the defenders, which represents what the Web does IMO. :D

Is this what you had in mind? I will give the Tholians some webbing to start with, but I'm afraid the AI will not make any himself once the game is running. BTW the round web is to catch any accidently passing Enterprises... :D

Top Bottom