Star Wars - Revenge of the Mod

Hey, the problem with Carida academy is the '.pcx' is on the wrong line in pediaicons.

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_SWON_Carida_Academy.pcx
art\Wonder Splash\Academy_of_Carida

should be

#WON_SPLASH_BLDG_SWON_Carida_Academy
art\Wonder Splash\Academy_of_Carida.pcx

I chose not to rebase, because it would make the scenarios more interesting, and reliant on the hyperlanes. But yeah, you're right, in the main mod they should be able to rebase freely.

Hey there!
I did notice that i couldn't move over deep space tiles. :confused:
So i looked in the editor and saw that deep space was marked as unpassable. I guess i have to unmark it.
This mark was only in clone wars.

However good job! :goodjob:

(Sorry for my english :))

Does that include hyperlanes? The idea was to put more emphasis on the hyperlanes, rather than just being able to move around problem areas.

I can confirm the same problem (for CW) as Mr.B here. I'm aware that there's the hyperlanes in place and deep space is impassable, however... None of my ships are able to travel onto the hyperlanes either. I figured the hyperlanes might be marked as well, so I fired up the editor and found that the hyperlane terrian is unlisted somehow, but I can see it on the map as LM swampland or something. I wouldn't be surprised to have the ships being unable to move onto that.

A quick dirty fix would be marking deep space as passable. It wouldn't necessarily make it any easier to "move around the problem areas" though. There's the impassable hyperlanes acting like fences cutting through deep space.

It would prove very interesting to play as you would be required to enter coastal squares to go around the "hyperlane fences" :D

Another fix possible (quite a lot more work possibly): re-edit the CW map as so you put one sea type as passable for the hyperlanes and ocean as the deep space (leaving the coastal the same). Since CW doesn't have the unknown aliens (Ssi-ruuk, etc) like GCW does, it wouldn't need a terrain tagged as "Unknown Space" while GCW probably would need to disband the idea of hyperlanes to preserve the "Unknown Space" terrain setup.

On a positive note, I'm sure that I would enjoy this CW scen quite a bit soon as I go back to the editor and unmark deep space as a quickie fix for myself. Grats to the beautiful units

*Note: I haven't tried the Galactic Civil War yet, but I'm under the impression from the thread that only CW has the hyperlane problem. But if GCW does have that problem and you wanted to use hyperlanes, well ouch... good luck with that.

Ha ok, thats embarrassing. Guess I spent too much time beautifying it and not enough time checking actual mechanics. OK, we might as well make deep space passable then. I'll triple the movement modifier through deep space to make it alot less fun.
GCW won't have this problem.

Just an update, currently hard at work improving the mod, but I decided 4 civs was not enough for Revenge of the Mod, so am now increasing the factions to include the following:
Core set: Empire, Alliance, Republic, Seperatists [4]
Pirates: Hutt Cartel, Black Sun, Zann Consortium, CSA [4]
Unknown Regions: Chiss, Hapes, Ssi Ruuk [3]
Old Republic: Old Republic, Sith Empire, Mandalorians [3]
New Republic Era: New Republic, Imperial Remnant, Yuuzhan Vong [3]
Legacy Era: Fel Empire, Galactic Alliance [2]

Plus two others, which for now I'm keeping a secret. These two will be released with a new scenario soon, so you can find out then.

Thus the total factions in the mod will be 21. Each faction has a unique unit tree (although not always full - e.g. the Yuuzhan vong only have standard starfighters, Hapes lack any land defensive units, etc.), with faction-specific unit modifiers. Faction techs, buildings, governments and affiliations are being created, as well as full civilopedia coverage. However, due to time constraints (I hope to move to Civ 5 modding soon) actual flc unit graphics will not be done, unless there is a major interest shown in the mod. I have a basic set of unit graphics for each unit class (light infantry, bomber starfighter, etc) that I will implement, and only replace if I have proper graphics. This should keep the mod looking fairly star wars-y, rather than having to resort to star trek graphics etc.

Once these factions are added, I hope to make three more scenarios, hopefully with the help of sum_aar_jam (without whom I'd be lost) for the old republic era, the new republic era (probably centering around the imperial warlords) and the legacy era. If anyone can think of anything good that could be added please feel free to say (this includes any factions you feel I've missed). Also, the Clone Wars Large scenario is no longer being rereleased here, because it's just way too big/daunting a task.

n.b. a Yuuzhan vong scenario wouldn't work well - the best way i can think of is to place a stack of doom that can take half the galaxy on the first turn - resulting in frustration, and a rather long wait.

n.n.b. the ratakan infinite empire wasn't chosen to be added because there are no units for it. Only suggest new factions if there are canon units for it.

carida mistake has already been corrected ; ı should read the threads fully .

ı can play the game only with computer generated maps , astreoids do not show up on screen though you can find them in the city screen , it is disconcerting to see tanks as defensive units and the seperatist droid ( of the Roger Roger type ) really kicks my clones around but then this is far too much of watching the movies , ı would say . Is making the banks coastal installations also a scenario choice ? So far excellent though ...

further , ı started a clone wars game , the game really surprises me at times by certain unpredictable behaviour . Hyperlanes were of no use , ı deleted them all in the editor and replaced them with deep space . Deep space was made navigable , unknown space replaced former deep space tiles . Now it works , Coruscant to Kuat is 8 turns away on a single tile wide route at places . Keping the spirit ı guess .

though having problems with goverment . Two turns into game there was a rebellion waited 6 or 7 for the choice of goverment . The screen of blue really makes the options unintelligeable , ı chose something and ı don't know if there was any other way and next turn ı was into rebellion again . ı am playing at monarch level equivalent , maybe ı can win with Kamino and Kuat alone , but it seems confusing .

the game crashed when in the first turn ı jumped at the chance of building a seperatist wonder , because they were listed in the Coruscant build options .

great ! ı had once the idea to have railroads in the sea , and the hyperlanes did it allright . How is it done , can the editor of the game do it ? ı had at first deleted all the hyperlanes - or at least ı thought so- until finding a few tiles in a really forsaken part of the map and it was nice . So ı reloaded the scenario file , ı omitted all the hyperlanes adjacent to land , a couple of tries and in my game hyperlanes will work if deep space is made passable ; though space/coast does not allow roading as it appears . Post 200 and ı made something...

Attachments

• kss.JPG
    kss.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 599
  • kss1.JPG
    kss1.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 502
probably a moderator will be combining these posts but let me add more of what ı have so far seen . ı have started the clone wars scenario about 5 or 6 times and always as the Republic to get a feeling , apart from testing hyperlanes . ı have never engaged seperatist ships , maybe the pirates are too powerful . Nearly always a single droid arrives at Yaga Minor ( ı am not sure about the planet names , but they should be near ) and this is the only offensive action they can be counted on . ı agree this early version is for test , but the Coruscant fleet and army seems strong enough to win the game on its own . Seperatists build their wonders at far away planets . The fighter wonder always at Yagdhul and the ship wonder at New Plympto or more generally at Polis Massa . One shield requirement makes it certain that the sites will be undefendable worthless planets . ı invade them at once and the game is "practically" won . ı think such projects must be made minor or faction wonders so that invaders will not take advantage . The only exception could be Kamino . But then minor wonders could also be location related by using the materals located on planet , as far as ı can deduce this is done for Republic .

It would really be nice for this to be served as a zip file at least for in the event a host site is down. I am currently in the process of building resources to have an open ended free scenario with units, techs, ect. from episodes I-VI. The new movie is getting me pumped to do this, so if you or anyone can help with this, it would be much appreciated.

GOT IT!!!! As part of my hunt for Civ scenarios relating to Star Wars I've been trying to locate this mod so special thanks to GeneralKilCavalry over at Realms Beyond Civ Forum who has kindly sent me a copy of the lost Star Wars Revenge of the Mod files! There's no version number in the files so hopefully it's @SheepMonster 's final Star Wars - Revenge of the Mod 0.92 beta.

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam users will be fine too as there's no label files) and it worked! I also tested the included enhanced versions of @sum_aar_jam 's Star Wars Galactic Civil War mod and @Pleb 's Star Wars - The Clone Wars and they worked great and looked good (& I could see some of the enhancements Sheepmonster made compared to originals). I like how Revenge of the Mod takes the best stuff from the other 2 and gives you a sandbox game too, even if it is just a regular land planet surface instead of a space map (of course these days we have the amazing space based Star Wars - The Mod Awakens for that). Great music and atmospheric sounds have been added too!

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 135MB) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. Should @SheepMonster return to CFC he can modify his OP download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone rapidshare one. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've also edited the original thread post's download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone rapidshare one.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/StarWars-RevengeOfTheMod.7z

Animating Vader:
upload_2020-6-5_23-43-32.png

City screen:
upload_2020-6-5_23-43-49.png

RotM random sandbox map
upload_2020-6-5_23-44-16.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom