Starbase questions

Okay, I am new to this game, but can someone help me understand a couple things?
- If there is an economic (or research, or morale) resource, but it lies way out in the middle of nowhere, does a starbase do any good? My understanding is that the effects only apply to the radius of effect of the starbase. If there are no planets in that radius, do I get any bonuses?
- For an economic starbase, there is a '+10% to freighter routes' or some such language. I am assuming this applies to any of my routes that go through the area. Do I get anything for foreign routes (doubt this, but I can hope). Also, if a freighter passes through several areas of effect from an eco. starbase, do I get multiple bonuses? I am assuming the planet that the fregither is going to does not have to be in the radius, too.

Thanks to anyone who can help....I will otherwise go through some tedius trial and error :p

For the differnt rescources in space, you build a mining starbase on and it gives you bonuses for your whole civ, like if it is Morale your approval rating gets higher. They are very helpful. See one send a contructor before the rival civs can.

For economic starbase, I have no idea I normally build them around my planets to give them bonuses to their production, and do the freighter routes thing too, but not sure if it helps or not.

Top Bottom