Starting as a CivCol Modder my story

There is a small DLL part to this:
At some city size, the normal road on the central city plot will be transformed to "Plastered Road".

There is also a small DLL part about "Entering Peaks".
(But since that feature does not exist in TAC, you don't have to worry about.)

Otherwise this is pure XML and graphics.
Thanks, that doesn't seem to hard to do. However, I had forgotten, that I posted earlier that I wanted to do a FF first, so that's what we´ll do.

I'm going to create the Ricardo Muñoz FF, which was a great but little know spanish Explorer from a very little country town called Los Muñozes in Valencia.
I think that guy is the greatest. :)

I'm going to create the Ricardo Muñoz FF, which was a great but little know spanish Explorer from a very little country town called Los Muñozes in Valencia.

Could you post a link to Wikipedia or something like that ?
(I could not find anything about him doing a quick search in the net.)

Could you post a link to Wikipedia or something like that ?
(I could not find anything about him doing a quick search in the net.)

I think that you will find the answer in the PM I send you. :)

I have to tell you I'm having a blast while making small changes in the game. What you said was true, if you change the game to your liking it is another experience altoghether.

What you said was true, if you change the game to your liking it is another experience altoghether.

Indeed. :)

And it is again a totally different experience doing this together with a team
of motivated people that share a vision and are simply trying to have fun together.

And it is again a totally different experience doing this together with a team
of motivated people that share a vision and are simply trying to have fun together.
I will try that, when I feel that I have the modding skills necessary to contribute to a project.
The thing is, how do you deal when you have an idea that you really like and it is shot down by the team.

The thing is, how do you deal when you have an idea that you really like and it is shot down by the team.

That is exactly the reason why we implement only features that are liked or at least accepted by all team members. :)

See, there is the base mod, which we create together.
Together we can create those features much faster and with much higher quality, than what we could do alone.

But each of us can have his own private modmod of that base mod.
In this modmod he simply adds features or changes balancing to personal preferences.
(And usually team members help each other with these private modmods.)

That is at least how I have always been doing it.

In the end, everybody will have his personal "perfect mod" at much higher speed and much higher quality, than he could ever achieve alone.
It is really simpel. :thumbsup:

That is exactly the reason why we implement only features that are liked or at least accepted by all team members.

See, there is the base mod, which we create together.
Together we can create those features much faster and with much higher quality, than what we could do alone.

But each of us can have his own private modmod of that base mod.
In this modmod he simply adds features or changes balancing to personal preferences.
(And usually team members help each other with these private modmods.)

That is at least how I have always been doing it.

In the end, everybody will have his personal "perfect mod" at much higher speed and much higher quality, than he could ever achieve alone.
It is really simpel.
That makes a lot of sense, however, first things first. I have to learn to mod myself.

I have to learn to mod myself.

Sure. :thumbsup:

Also, if you are having an idea that you cannot implement alone but don't want to join us, you can tell us anyways.
If we also like it, we could eventually cooperate to create that feature together.

But enough talking about teams and cooperation. :)

Enjoy your modding. :rockon:

Okay, I personally do not care for the game mechanic where prices of trained immigrants go up every time you buy one. If I go in the game file and alter following line:

<Combat>NONE</Combat>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_OFFENSIVE</DefaultUnitAI>
<DefaultProfession>PROFESSION_MUSKETMAN</DefaultProfession>
<iTeachLevel>3</iTeachLevel>
<bFound>1</bFound>
<iEuropeCost>3000</iEuropeCost>
<iEuropeCostIncrease>300</iEuropeCostIncrease>
<iImmigrationWeight>50</iImmigrationWeight>
<iTeacherWeight>2</iTeacherWeight>

from 300 to 0, and do this for all types, does this stop the cost increases?

Edit: also, will this affect my current game, or will I have to start anew?

Top Bottom