Starting City

Nightfang

'Pointy Stick' Scientist
I am sorry if this has been asked, but searching did not turn anything up (I may have searched poorly).

Reading through several gaming sites and a few guides, I see people mentioning picking a starting city. Now, I have never seen where this is possible, as I just start the scenario and go with whatever city I am dealt. Are these people just restarting until they get a city they are happy with?

yes... its pretty easy cause once the game loads the map the first time when you restart it is about 10x quicker in loading it again... so you can do it over and over quite fast

But isn't part of the challenge making the best out of what the game hands you? I do this with Civilization games all the time. It feels almost a little like cheating to quit and restart until you get a "good" starting position.

well the point is how you use it... for example on the holiday scenario one of the hardest starting cities is domovoi... so if you want a challenge, you can reload until you get domovoi as a starting point...

i have also used it on maps where the AI starts right next to me... i just don't enjoy those games very much cause you get all this overlapping track everywhere and it looks like a los angeles freeway intersection...

Top Bottom